Why my own over expectations made my Hair Transplant a waste of money!
Why my own over Expectations made My Hair Transplant a Waste of Money!
This was an experience shared by our old patient who had a corrective hair transplant with 5000 grafts at HairMD. And, this article is not written to dissuade you but to tell you that have realistic expectations and keep time as a valuable asset, don’t hurry through it! Yes, we have done addition in the form of some extra tips, some linking process so as to provide you with more related educational content so that you can make the more informed decision. Thanks!
I got a hair transplant done about 2 years ago. I was so lured by my favorite celebrity’s photo that I assumed a hair transplant would be an overnight magical affair. I hoped to get out of the clinic and have hair as voluminous as those shampoo ads. Unfortunately, I did not factor in that there is a lot of editing and makeup involved in the process.
Although I medically paid attention to the regime of care after hair transplant, such as washing gently when it came to scabbing and crusting. But within 3 weeks when I did not see much change, then I thought everything is normal now and I don’t have to take care of my transplanted hair anymore. I hit the beach to make up for all the lost time with my children and family at Tarkarli. No sunscreen, no hat and crazy dosage of alcohol and nicotine. But after that, my hair transplant went on getting ruined day by day and I was helplessly watching my dream of voluminous hairs shattering. Like every other patient, I started you blame my hair transplant surgeon.
- Smoking and Alcohol hampers your transplanted hair and also affects hair growth otherwise. The reason behind this being, when you smoke, carbon monoxide level of your Red Blood Cells rises higher than normal and becomes quite toxic and hazardous to the hair roots. The roots get deprived of pure oxygen so after some days, these roots start to deteriorate and ultimately die.
- When you consume alcohol, your blood vessels constrict as alcohol is a vasoconstrictor and less amount of oxygen is delivered to the hair roots which causes hair loss. So it is good to practice abstinence from alcohol and smoking at least for 6 months after an FUE hair transplant.
I did not realize that it takes at least 5-6 months for the hair to get back to normal and at least a year to get full normal and natural look after FUE hair transplant, but I ended up being disheartened right since the beginning. I also did not expect any scabbing and crusting and just jumped to the conclusion that it is a hair transplant gone wrong. Instead of going for a follow-up, I sat there not making a single tweak to my schedule.
After FUE Hair Transplant, I should have really paid attention to the care that follows. I am pretty sure that I would have full grown hair- maybe just like those advertisements I like. But hurrying, not having patience, falling prey to wrong advertising is what made me have so many unrealistic expectations about FUE hair transplant.
- As you used to have in your twenties or look like your look after hair transplant cropping up in many areas, these doctors ( God knows if they really are) will promise you that you can have quacks and untrained clinics. There are many favorite Bollywood stars. Please don’t fall for these issues. Your look depends on many factors like donor area availability, hair-line designing, your age, your face cut to mention a few.
Not taking enough care after a hair transplant is what made my hair transplant a complete waste of money for me.
Then I visited HairMD clinic, I consulted Dr. Sachin Pawar and I came to know where exactly I went wrong. Firstly, I kept very unrealistic expectations from FUE hair transplant and secondly, I didn't follow post-op instructions after FUE hair transplant. The third and the most dangerous mistake, I committed was considering FUE hair transplant to be an overnight magic as mentioned before. Dr. Sachin Pawar rightly told me “ To have a successful hair transplant, you need to have a great skillful surgery is but also cautious aftercare and they are both equally important.” ( this was not told by my old hair transplant surgeon)
I still cannot decipher, whether my past surgeon was wrong in selling dreams to me in order to set unrealistic expectations or was it my fault by not following post-op instructions. Either way, I ruined my surgery and got a botched hair transplant (may be both of us are equally responsible).
As an experienced victim of bad hair transplant, I would like to give you these lessons that I learned the hard way, to have successful natural looking FUE hair transplant:
- Select your doctor and clinic wisely, don't fall for big mouth advertising.
- Have extremely realistic expectations.
- Successful hair transplant is not only good surgery, it’s also about aftercare.
I would just request you to consult Dr. Sachin Pawar at HairMD (many of my friends did) to help you guide through the process and take care of your hair transplant even after surgery. Also, pay attention to what your doctors say- they are experts for a reason. I hope nobody suffers a fate like mine.
HairMD India is Hair transplant and Hai treatment center in Pune. It was established in 2011 in Pune camp area and now owns another branch at Pimple Saudagar. Since its establishment in Pune, it has treated more than 22350+ patients for hair related problems ranging from a loss of removal. Also, HairMD is established name when it comes to leading hair transplant center in India. Till date, We have treated more than 700+ patients with hair transplant including its own founder Dr. Dhananjay Chavan & proudly claims to have zero failed case of hair transplant. To know more, about our hair transplant success stories, contact us on +91-9317505050 or else if you have any more doubt about hair transplant, please visit our Center. Or, please fill out the above consultation form, our patient support team will contact you soo.