There are some natural and home remedies which are talked about lately, but there are no scientific proofs behind the clinical efficiency of those remedies. Ayurved supports many of those natural remedies as the treatment for hair loss but there is no any cross control, or blind trials have been done on that topic so we can not have an authoritative voice on those remedies. though their efficiency is not scientifically proved, there is no hazard using them also.
Here is the list of Natural Remedies or Home remedies which will help you to reduce your Hair loss:
- Oils – lavender oil, tea tree oil, amla oil, bhringraj oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil, castor oil. Massage a few drops of oil into your scalp to stimulate hair regrowth. You can read more on effectiveness of castor oil in hair fall control.
- Good supplements of vitamins & minerals such as Biotin, products rich in Vitamin C, B complex- B12 & B5 7 Iron rich fruits & food, Also food rich in omega-3 fatty acid like deep ocean fish etc. The best fruit sources are blackcurrants, blueberries, broccoli, guava, kiwi fruits, oranges, papaya, strawberries and sweet potatoes etc.
- Fenugreek (Methi) seeds - Fenugreek seeds or popularly know as methi seeds are rich in protein & nicotinic which promotes hair growth. Also, an abundance of Lecithin helps in keeping hair well nourished & scalp cool & prevents you from dandruff & dry hair.
- Here is the recipe of scalp pack of Fenugreek seeds for the scalp.
- Let it stay for 20 min & then wash off with cold water.
- Apply the paste on your hair cover your scalp completely.
- Take some water & make a paste of methi in water. The amount of paste you need depends on the length of your hair.
- Take some methi & roast them after that grind them well.
- Sesame seeds: Start your breakfast every day with a handful of sesame seeds that are a great source of magnesium & calcium. Magnesium & calcium boosts your hair growth by reaching hair follicles & prevents hair loss.
- Ashwagandha: It’s an antioxidant herb & has hormone balancing effects that reduce hair fall. It also increases blood circulation to the scalp which strengthens your hair. It cleans up your system & gets rid of all toxins.
- Tip: You can take 6mg capsule of ashwagandha every day.
- Banyan Tree – Banyan tree is helpful in making your hair lustrous & beautiful Here is the tip on how to use banyan tree for your hair.
- Take a small part of the root of banyan tree & mix it with lemon juice.
- Apply it on your hair to avoid hair loss. It reduce hair fall & strengthen hair follicles
- Include protein in the diet. A Hair strand is basically made up of Protein. Your body requires protein for daily activities. When you don't consume enough protein it, the body starts conserving protein to use it for essential activities & in the process cuts off the protein of Hair. It makes your hair brittle & dry. Hence it is necessary to maintain necessary amount of protein in your diet.
- Try to reduce your stress levels
- Avoid wigs hairpieces, light hair bands as they can damage hair follicles
- Consider taking vitamins, vitamins A & B
- Boil potatoes & rosemary in water – strain the liquid & use it daily as a hair rinse.
- Try Hair Loss Medications: Try Saw Palmetto, Finasteride or Minoxidil etc. But before that don't forget to take the advice of your dermatologist.
Here are some of the tips for Hair Care:
- Eggs + Olive oil (2 Tsp) + Honey (1 tsp )
- Mix them together & apply them on your scalp. Cover your head with shower cap & wait for 30mins wash with lukewarm water & mild shampoo.
- Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice
- leave the juice on the scalp overnight & wash out in morning.
- Never brush wet hair.
- Avoid rubbing your hair -Dry with towel.
Try these remedies but I would advise you to have an opinion of a qualified dermatologist before its too late because hair loss can be caused by many pathological reasons also which should be detected early and cured and cannot be cured by these home or natural remedies.
The Best treatment options for Hair thinning in females
Lifestyle factors that can cause Hair loss and ultimately baldness
Top factors that can lead to baldness in Females