The phenomenon you are suffering is hair loss during menopause, I understand menopause is a very emotionally as well as physically disturbing phase. actually, this phenomenon is experienced by every woman on earth inevitably, hair loss is not the only problem you might be facing, you will experience mood swings, hot flashes, insomnia.
Actually, during menopause your ovaries stop working and stop secreting hormones names estrogen and progesterone which plays a very important role in keeping your hair growth normal and strong, but once their production stops your hair follicles starts weakening and hair thinning starts.
There is one another confounding factor which plays role in hair loss is that production of androgens in excess after menopause which is responsible for male pattern hair loss.
Hair loss in the female during menopause is always caused by hormonal changes but other factors also can contribute to this such as nutritional deficiencies, some illnesses, emotional and physical stress.
What are the different types of hair loss that women can face based on various factors?
Now, how will you tackle this situation,
- hormone replacement theory
- keep yourself hydrated.
- have a healthy diet.
- consult a dermatologist for more than normal hair loss.
- get blood investigations done and if any abnormality finds out then try to get it treated.
What are the best treatment options for Hair Loss?
I know menopause is a very stressful period of ones life, but it's price to pay of lovely womanhood.
Further Suggested Reading-
1. Hair loss in teenage female and how to deal with it
2. Probable causes of Hair loss in Mid Aged Female
3. What makes my hormones to attack hairs and kill them?
4. How to I know that I am actually loosing hairs? What are the sign and symptoms?