yes, multivitamin supplements do work for hair loss in men provided vitamin deficiency is the main cause of hair loss. whether vitamin deficiency is the reason for your hair loss or not, can be assessed with some minor blood test. the phenomenon of hair loss you experience because of vitamin deficiency is called as telogen effluvium which is temporary, it wein off once you start taking vitamins and micronutrients for which your body is deficient. ( video on nutritional deficiency in male and hair loss because of that)
but usually, vitamin supplements don't work for hair loss alone you will have to take minoxidil or finasteride along with it. both of these products work in good synergy and provides best results possible.
following vitamins are there for hair loss in men
- Biotin: this is also called as the B7 or H, it's a variant of the vitamin B family. it prevents hair loss and strengthens the existing hairs. this is a water soluble vitamin.
- Vitamin C: it is also called as a citrate which is found in the citrus family of fruits as lemon, oranges. these are the essential group of vitamins for normal and natural hair growth and survival.
- Vitamin E: this class of vitamin is also very essential for the normal hair growth and maintenance. it stimulates blood capillary formation so increased blood supply to the hair follicle hence hair growth. its antioxidant properties also help in hair growth. spinach, avocado, tofu, olive oil contains Vitamin E.
- Vitamin A: it is very important factor to regulate the synthesis of retinoic acid in hair follicles. it moisturizes hairs and helps to keep them healthy. this vitamin is the main content of carrot, sweet potatoes, spinach, tuna
- vitamin B: from this family inositol and B12 are the main vitamins for hair growth and health. this is a content of egg, meat, papaya, oranges.
- VitaminD: this class of vitamins stimulated hair follicles and cells to form new shafts which are the main content of fish, oysters, cod liver oil, salami
- Panthenol: this is also called as B5, it is also essential for hair growth and many hair fall prevention products contain this vitamin. mushroom, cheese, oily fish, sunflower seed contains this vitamin.
not only vitamins but other mineral and micronutrients intake is also essential for good hair growth below is the list of some of those
here is the NCBI study on nutritional deficiency and hair loss.
I hope I have answered your question correctly but then also if you have any further queries then feel free to ask us anytime.
there are many causes of hair loss in male ( video) so at first please try to rule out your cause then and then only start a treatment and for that please book a consultation with our eminent dermatologists.