What kind of doctor treats hair loss?
What kind of doctor treats hair loss?
We all love having thick, beautiful hair. But loss is becoming really troublesome. How can I solve my hair loss problems, What kind of doctor treats hair loss? Like these, you have many questions in your mind. You should know hair loss can be caused by a multitude of factors, such as genetics, increased in stress level, lack of nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, fungal infections etc and more. Don’t panic, there are different types of professionals whom you can seek help to solve the problem, depending on your cause.
Who is the best doctor for hair loss?
Either you or your hairstylist is usually the first one to spot your hair troubles. Hence you need to visit a licensed medical professional. It is a very important point as who is the best doctor for hair loss problem. I will explain to you in details who can help you out.
They are professionals in the subject trichology, the branch that deals with the medical and cosmetic study. They study your hair loss condition from all aspects, from your overall general health to any serious condition contributing to it. They guide you through lifestyle changes, including improving your diet, exercises, teaching the right techniques of shampooing your hairs etc.
Hair is a made up of a protein called keratin and is one of the fastest-growing cells in the body. Your nutritionist will not only point out the flaws in your present diet but also design an appropriate dietary plan to get you back on the healthy track, that tolerates no hair loss.
Dermatologists are licensed medical professionals who provide specialized treatment for skin, hair, and nails. They are the most qualified to diagnose the root cause of your hair loss and offer effective treatment recommendations.
Hair Transplant Surgeon:
If none of the other doctors has been able to make a significant difference to your hair loss, then they themselves may recommend that you consult a hair transplant surgeon.
Are you suffering from hair loss problems
Now you are aware of doctor’s who can help you in treating your hair loss problem. To determine your hair loss problems, it would help if you had a clear picture of what is troubling you.
- Whether your hair loss has been temporary or chronic.
- Is your hair loss patchy?
- Are you suffering from any other problems?
- Is your hair only thinning or falling out and balding as well?
- The nature of your lifestyle and your dealings with stress.
- Whether anyone in your family has experienced similar hair loss.
- If you are suffering from any other condition like thyroid disorders.
- What medications you are on.
Should I see a dermatologist for hair loss?
As you know now you need to meet a dermatologist, as you need proper treatment and medications. While losing a few strands of hair every day is normal and no cause for alarm, you should definitely visit a dermatologist.
- If you are facing sudden and unexplained hair loss, rather than gradual.
- Your hair is thinning out and balding gradually.
- Hair is shedding in large amounts while shampooing or combing it.
- Skin or your scalp has developed a rash or become scaly and itchy, along with hair fall.
- If you have developed other symptoms like heavy menstrual bleeding, swollen lymph nodes, or fatigue along with the hair fall.
- You suspect that one of your medications may be supplementing your hair fall.
- A dermatologist is the best doctors to understand the actual reasons of hair loss problems. They can prescribe you medications and treatments which is best in your problem.
- Medications like Minoxidil, Finasteride, Dutasteride, multivitamins can be suggested by a dermatologist doctor only. Do follow these medications, if your doctor’s only say you to follow.
For more queries, consultation or treatment for hair loss, contact us at HairMD Clinic. You can call us on +91-7798 022 622 we will be pleased to help you out. Therefore, do share with your friends and family members if you think this blog can be useful for you.
Thank you for reading!
” Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body “
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan