Female Hair Loss
How to stop PCOS hair loss?
PCOS(Polycystic ovary syndrome) hair loss is a very common type of hair loss in females. It is also seen nowadays in teenage girls also. The female body produces androgens, which is the male hormone. Due to which you can experience more hair growth in various parts of the body. If you are also suffering from hair loss and PCOS problem. You need to consult your doctor on time for hair loss problems. I will give you complete information regarding PCOS hair loss and how to stop PCOS hair loss.
What is PCOS?
PCOS is called a polycystic ovarian disease, which is a hormonal condition, where female suffer from hormonal imbalance. Females generally from 25 to 45 years suffer from this condition. It is basically increasing in male hormones in the body. In PCOS difficulty begins with periods or menstrual cycle problem and makes difficulty in conceiving.
Symptoms of PCOS:
Check the points clearly to understand the symptoms of PCOS.
- Irregular periods
- No ovulation
- Hair fall
- Weight gain
- Thin hair
- Excess hair on face, chest, stomach
- Deep voice
- Decreased in breast size
Treatment for PCOS hair loss
Actually, there is no particular treatment for hair loss in PCOS, but following the proper healthy diet, regular exercise will help to regularize the hormones in a natural way.
- Medication: Minoxidil for hair loss or oral contraceptive pills you can take to make your periods regular. Finasteride is mostly for male pattern hair loss, but in a few cases, doctors also prescribe in PCOS. But you need to make sure you consult your doctor and then only take the medication.
- Treatment: In PCOS you can get hair treatments done like PRP, derma roller, Mesotherapy, micro needling, LLLT etc. Depending on your hair condition you need to follow the treatment. These treatments help to control your hair loss problem and tries to stabilize hair loss. Consult a dermatologist and accordingly follow the treatments said by your dermatologist.
- Hair transplant: In this treatment, we take your own hairs from your back and then implement in the scalp bald area. To cover the scanty area. Depending on your hair condition the no of grafts to be implemented decision is taken. This is one of the best treatment for hair loss problem if your baldness is more.
Watch this video to understand PCOS hair loss problems and how can we solve it.
Diet for PCOS hair loss
You need to know what can you eat in PCOS.
- Drink a minimum of 3-4 liter of water
- Have lots of vitamins and minerals
- Fish and chicken are lean meat
- Brown rice
- Include millets like – barley, ragi, oats, quinoa
The food you need to avoid in PCOS:
- Fried, junk, and saturated items
- Dairy products
- Non-veg – red meat
Is PCOS hair loss reversible?
Hormones are cyclical. In the process of the testosterone gets converts to DHT due to which hair follicles get disturbed which happens in both men and women. Hair loss is reversible if you start taking the treatment from the initial period. It is definitely reversible, consult your doctor and start with your treatment.
PCOS hair loss home remedies
At home, if you maintain a healthy living, good diet and reduce your weight then you can control PCOS and it will help you in controlling hair loss. Have apple cider vinegar every day which helps you to fight PCOS. Consume coconut oil in your smoothie or juice helps in a much better way. Aloe vera juice, castor, green tea are good for PCOS.
I hope this post will be useful to you. In case you have any queries kindly comment us or call us on +91-7888 091 119 we will be happy to help you out. Keep in touch with us and we will try out best to post good content for you.
Thank you for reading!
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan