Female Hair Loss
What is the cost of PRP treatment for hair loss?
Nowadays, the ratio of people facing hair loss has been increased. There are many reasons behind your hair loss and in many ways, you can prevent your hair loss too. It is always important to seek treatment in the early stage of your hair loss. Generally, the doctor advises many treatments for your hair loss. PRP one of the widely used treatment modality for hair loss. Let me try to explain to you all the important aspects of PRP treatment, including its side effects, benefits, cost of PRP treatment for hair loss etc.
In my 30 years of treating patients experience, I consult many patients who face hair loss problems and seek for a good treatment which should also give them good results. PRP, widely used treatment for hair loss, which gives good results too. Let’s see How does PRP work for hair loss, whats the average cost of PRP hair treatment.
What is PRP for hair loss?
- PRP also called as Platelets Rich Plasma, which completely natural and non-surgical procedure for treating hair loss.
- In this procedure, patients own blood and the active growth factors in it used to promote hair growth.
- We take 10ml to 40ml of blood from your body (quantity varies from clinic to clinic), then extracted blood centrifuged for 20 to 25 mins and then the plasma gets ready to be extracted.
- The concentrated plasma is rich in growth factors then through multiple microinjections, we puncture into the scalp.
- It also increases the blood circulation and blood flow in the scalp.
- It is one of the best supportive treatment for before and after hair transplant treatment.
- PRP helps to keep the hair follicles in a growth phase (anagen phase) and allows the hair to become thicker and longer. So it not only promotes new growth but also strengthens the existing hair follicles.
- It also used for treating hair loss due to other non-genetic and genetic causes.
PRP is not only used for hair treatment but also use for skin rejuvenation treatment & under eye dark circles as well even it has multiple uses in treating chronic tendon problems such as tennis elbow, muscle sprain, sports injuries etc.
Let’s see my video related to PRP
PRP hair treatment side effects
- Since PRP involves injecting a self-made substance into the skin, rarely, there may be potential side effects like infection, nerve injuries, pain at the injection site, and tissue damage.
- PRP is completely safe to use, as it uses your own blood, it doesn’t show any allergic reaction.
- But due to multiple pricks by injections, the respective area gets reddish in color and swollen up due to blood circulations.
How long does PRP for hair loss last?
- At least 3 PRP injections, recommended in an interval of 2-4 weeks. which shows the visible change in the density and thickness of hair.
- This treatment advised doing in every 21 days or once a month, with a minimum of 6 to 8 sittings as per doctor’s advice.
- You can use it alone or in combination with hair transplant or mesotherapy for maximal benefit.
PRP hair treatment results
- PRP treatment gives a good result for controlling hair loss but not seen in all cases but with multiple sessions, new hair roots seen.
- It improves hair roots and gives strengths to new hair growth.
- PRP and Dermaroller together also gives excellent results in controlling hair fall and strengthen the hair roots.
Is PRP necessary after hair transplant?
- PRP is an excellent treatment with the combination with a hair transplant.
- Always advised doing PRP before and after Hair transplant as it has healing and rejuvenation capacity.
- When you do PRP before and after hair transplant, It helps to strengthen the other hair roots and even transplanted hairs get lots of blood circulation, which promote good hair condition.
- Before hair transplant, when we do PRP it improved blood supply around the area and helps in wound healing.
- After the hair transplant, when we do PRP it helps to grow your hair fast and strong.
- It also increases the graft survival rate.
Let’s see my video related to is PRP helpful in Hair transplant
The average cost of PRP treatment for hair loss
- Cost of PRP treatment varies from clinic to clinic.
- Due to lots of factors like infrastructure, the doctor doing the procedure, the area of the scalp to treat, etc.
- Generally, its seen the cost ranges from amount Rs. 2000 to Rs. 20,000.
- PRP serves as safer, less expensive, and less invasive alternatives to hair transplant surgery.
I have given you complete information about the PRP treatment and its average cost of PRP hair treatment. So that it will be more helpful to you to understand the treatment completely and its cost factor. Professionals from HairMD Clinic provides PRP treatment for hair loss. Kindly do comment and share with your friends, if you think it is helpful. For more information, you can call us on +91-7888 091 119, our support team will try to solve your queries. You can contact us at HairMD Clinic for any queries or consultation regarding hair loss and its treatment. For your betterment, we have also started with a video consultation with our expert doctors.
Thank you for your precious time.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan