Male Hair Loss
Can chlorine cause your hair to fall out
Hair fall is also called as baldness and also called as alopecia, which is seen in both male and females. Hair fall can be categorized mostly into 4 types.
- Male pattern baldness
- Female pattern baldness
- Alopecia areata
- Hair thinning
Talking about all the types of hair fall category, in which doing a proper check up with your dermatologist is very important, and then understanding your hair condition and accordingly following the medications and treatments.
There are different medication and treatments for each type of hair loss. Some of the major treatment likes,
- PRP – In which hair scalps are injected with PRP solution and help to give good blood circulation and enhance the hair follicles for new hair regrowth.
- Dermaroller – A roller with lots of needles is used to roll on your scalp and this treatment helps to give good blood circulation.
- Mesotherapy – In this treatment lot of vitamins, growth factors, DHT blockers is injected into the scalp with mesogen.
- Low-Level Laser Therapy – In this treatment with the help of laser light helmet, the hair roots are induced to control hair loss.
- Hair Transplant – This treatment is done if you have lost you 70 to 90% of hairs, and then in this treatment from DHT free area hair roots are extracted and then implanted into the bald part of the scalp.
Medications for hair fall
Two major inventions in hair are Minoxidil and Finasteride. Basically, minoxidil is a topical application and finasteride is oral medication. You need to take these medications with dermatologist concern only.
If your hair is weak and root is going to thin then lots of hair fall happens, which is majorly seen in middle-aged people and teenage. Globally this is one of the most common problems everyone is facing.
One of the major cause of hair fall is chlorinated water, let’s talk about this in details.
It is said due to chlorinated water in swimming pool, you will get hair fall. Chlorine water is required to keep the pool clean and from bacteria free. This helps to keep the swimmers safe from the infections and insects. It is used to sanitize the swimming pool water. It is said that due to chlorine water, lots of hair fall is seen, but it’s the biggest myth. Chorine water doesn’t cause hair fall, due to which you can your skin and hairs will become dry and hairs can become more brittle. Make sure you use a cap to cover your hairs when you get into the water, which will be helpful to you.
Due to spending more time in the swimming pool you can experience skin wrinkles as well. Make sure don’t allow staying the chlorine water in your hairs, thoroughly rinsing your hairs with water. In our hairs, we have naturally produced oil and sebum which makes our hairs more shine and soft and silky, which protects our hairs.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan