Male Hair Loss
Vitamins for hair Loss: Do Vitamins work for hair loss?
As we know hair loss has become a very common problem faced by everyone male as well as female. Many people think that taking vitamins might help in their hair loss problem. With this, the questions strike in their mind is do vitamins work for hair loss? what are the vitamins for hair loss? Let’s try to solve your queries and reduce confusion.
Yes, multivitamin supplements do work for hair loss, but only when vitamin deficiency is the main cause of hair loss. With some minor blood tests, we can determine whether vitamin deficiency is the reason for hair loss or not. The phenomenon of hair loss which is experienced because of vitamin deficiency is also called Telogen Effluvium. This kind of hair loss is temporary in nature. Once you start taking vitamins and micro-nutrients for which your body is deficient, it will reduce your hair loss.
Which Vitamin deficiency causes hair loss?
There are several vitamins and nutrients which are required for our human body. So deficiency of some vitamins can lead to hair loss which is generally reversible as it is a kind of temporary hair loss. Let’s try to know which are vitamins and micro-nutrients whose deficiency causes hair loss. Biotin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron, Vitamin B, Vitamin D, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Proteins, Panthenol, etc.
Our hair is made up of proteins like keratin, so lack of protein might cause hair loss, hair breakage. Similarly, Vitamin C and Vitamin E help to prevent free radical damage in the hair follicles. So deficiency with these vitamins may cause damage in hair follicles which again leads to hair loss. However, Vitamin D deficiency results in hair loss and also implicated in the development of alopecia. So Vitamin D is very much important for your health as well as your hairs health.
What vitamins are good for hair loss?
Let’s see which vitamins for hair loss works better when the hair loss is due to Vitamin Deficiency.
- Biotin also called as the B7 or H.
- It is a variant of the Vitamin B family.
- It prevents hair loss and also strengthens the existing hairs.
- Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin.
- Vitamin C is also called as citrate which is found in the citrus family of fruits.
- Citrus fruits include lemon, oranges. these are the essential group of vitamins for normal and natural hair growth and survival.
- This class of vitamin is very essential for normal hair growth and its maintenance.
- Vitamin E stimulates blood capillary formation which increases blood supply to the hair follicle hence hair growth appears.
- Antioxidant properties present in Vitamin E, also help in hair growth.
- This Vitamin E is present in spinach, avocado, tofu, olive oil.
- Vitamin A is a very important factor which regulates the synthesis of retinoic acid in hair follicles.
- It also moisturizes hairs and helps to keep them healthy.
- This Vitamin is mainly present in carrot, sweet potatoes, spinach, tuna.
- From Vitamin B family inositol and B12 are the main vitamins which are useful for hair growth and health.
- Vitamin B is present in eggs, meat, papaya, and oranges.
- Family of Vitamin D stimulates hair follicles and cells to form new shafts.
- This vitamin family is the main content of fish, oysters, cod liver oil, salami.
- Panthenol is also called as B5.
- It is very essential for hair growth and many hair fall prevention products also contains this Vitamin.
- Mushroom, cheese, oily fish, sunflower seed contains this vitamin (panthenol).
As I have mentioned all these vitamins are very important for our hair growth. Vitamin supplements also work for hair loss but only if the cause of hair loss is a vitamin deficiency. But usually, vitamin supplements solely doesn’t work for hair loss. Along with it, you need to start proper medications and treatments under Dermatologists guidance. To get the best possible results, a combination of treatments and medications work in good synergy.
I hope I have answered your questions about Vitamins For Hair Loss, Do Vitamins Work For Hair Loss. But then also if you have any more queries then feel free to ask us anytime. For more information, you can call us on +91-7888091119, our support team will be delighted to solve your queries.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan