Female Hair Loss
Female Hair Loss: hair loss in women, causes and treatment. Now a days, hair loss and thinning in women is common. Some time due to genetics or certain medical reasons like thyroid etc. Hair loss in women is observed. The question of what can cause hair loss in women attributes to many factors ranging from simple nutritional deficiencies, hormonal changes or stress….
What are the types of hair loss in females?
Hair loss is a woman can be classified in two ways.
- The location of hair loss on the head.
- Cause or clinical type of hair loss.
Now let’s see the classification according to the location of hair loss on the scalp.
- Diffuse hair loss – In this type of hair loss, hairs from all over the scalp starts losing.
- Pattern hair loss – In this hair loss female may experience female pattern hair loss which is hair loss on the vertex or male pattern hair loss in the female which is usually a receding hair line.
- Localised or Patchy hair loss– In this type of hair loss, one patch on the scalp is completely baldthis case usually refers to the alopecia areata.
There are different Stages of Hair fall in women:
Type 1: Early thinning that can be easily camouflaged with proper grooming.
Type 2: A significant widening of the midline part and noticeably decreased volume. Hair transplantation may be indicated if the donor area in the back and sides of the scalp is stable.
Type 3: A thin, see-through look on the top of the scalp. This is often associated with generalised thinning.
Now the second type of classification, according to the disease or clinical classification.
It includes following points.
- Androgenetic alopecia – In this type of hair loss ( if hair loss is accessive then its called as the alopecia) females usually experience diffuse pattern hair loss ( contrary to males, they experience pattern hair loss). this hair loss is caused by the excessive activity of androgen hormones ( DHT ). this excessive hormone may be released due to many pathological factors like an ovarian cyst, high androgen index birth control pills, pregnancy, menopause.
- Telogen effluvium – This phenomenon is experienced after any physical or emotional stress like child birth, nutritional deficiency, or any emotional baggage.
- Anagen effluvium– This phenomenon is usually experienced during cancer treatment. as chemotherapy targets rapidly dividing cells of human body and hair follicles also posses rapidly dividing cells so chemotherapy attack those cells and hair loss occurs.
- Traction alopecia– This hair loss is caused by tight knot hair loss.
- Alopecia areata – This is an autoimmune disease which causes hair loss usually patchy hair loss. The progression of this disease may cause alopecia totalis or universalis. There are also other causes of hair loss that must be known.
- What is the best treatment for thinning for Hairs in Females?
- Signs of Hair Loss in Humans
- How to stop hair fall in girls and how to deal with avoiding this major problem?
- What are the home remedies for Hair loss?
- Nutritional Causes of Hair Loss
- Diet for Hair Loss Prevention
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan