Male Hair Loss
How to prevent baldness in males?
Everyone wants to have a head full of hair. But nowadays hair loss seen in most people. It has become very common due to various factors in males as well as in females. Because of this, every guy wants to know how to prevent baldness in males. Or even if they are not particularly losing hair but worrying about getting bald strikes many of the questions in their mind. And seek for reassurance of some recourse for it.
But in the market, while there are many gimmick devices and procedures each of them promises to be best. But, remember there are very few things that actually work. If you are concerned about your hair loss and consulted a dermatologist. Your dermatologist may recommend you few medications and treatments, which are safe and trusted.
What Is Baldness
Baldness is a condition that involves excessive hair loss. Baldness also called alopecia and it is very common in males. Studies have shown that about 50% of men, after the age of 50 suffers from male pattern baldness. Nowadays even people of any age can exhibit hair loss. So hair loss starts gradually which then leads to baldness.
Generally, the treatment approach for baldness depends on various causes. Dermatologist prescribes different kinds of treatments and medications depending on your scalp need. In medications minoxidil and finasteride prescribed, whereas in treatments PRP, mesotherapy, derma roller, Low-Level Laser Light, etc. prescribed.
What causes Baldness?
Generally, the main cause of baldness is genetics. Or even cause can be the history of baldness in the family. Male pattern baldness, also associated with androgen, which is a male sex hormone. Causes of baldness can also be a nutritional deficiency, vitamin deficiency hormonal changes, environmental changes, stress, etc.
Every hair present on the scalp has its own life cycle. When the male pattern baldness starts, the hair cycle also begins to weaken and gets disturbed. Due to the disturbed hair cycle, the hair follicles start to shrink and which ultimately produces shorter hair strands. And that’s how the life cycle of every hair ends up with no new hair growth.
Can Baldness be prevented?
Curing 100% baldness is not possible but you can prevent male pattern baldness. As I mentioned there are various factors that cause baldness in males. Even stress is the key factor in most of the cases of hair loss. It plays an important role in the increased production of DHT in the scalp which at the end causes hair loss. So you can reduce the stress level to prevent your hair to fall.
There are certain medications which if you use at the early signs of hair loss, you can prevent baldness too. Finasteride and Minoxidil are the only US FDA approved medicines.
- Minoxidil, one of the US FDA approved drug for the treatment of hair loss.
- It is available in a topical form.
- Minoxidil prescribed to use twice daily and shown good results after the use of 3-6 months.
- It is also a US FDA approved medication which is used for hair loss treatment.
- Finasteride used in the treatment of enlarged prostate and now it is showing great results for hair loss treatment commonly in men.
- It comes in oral form. Even finasteride takes 3 to 4 months to show its effectiveness.
- Finasteride not prescribed to females.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) contains our own processed blood plasma.
- PRP contains blood platelets from which red blood cells (RBCs) and white blood cells (WBCs) are removed.
- In PRP treatment, this concentrated platelet-rich plasma, injected in the scalp with the help of injections.
- Mesotherapy is a supportive treatment that helps to prevent baldness in males as well as female patients.
- It helps in reducing hair loss, promotes hair growth and slows down male pattern baldness.
- Mesotherapy treatment helps to regulate the proteins, vitamins and other nutrient levels as well as growth factors in the scalp of the patient.
- This treatment, done by injecting nutrient boosters, growth factors in the scalp. That aids in the nourishment and hydration of the scalp.
- A derma roller is a medical device that has medical-grade steel microneedles on a rotating wheel.
- In this treatment with the help of roller, micro-holes created on the scalp.
- These micro-holes penetrate the skin just deep enough so that it stimulates new cell production and boosts circulation.
- Dermaroller for hair loss is ideally used as a supportive treatment for other traditional hair loss treatments.
Low-Level Laser Light
- The Low-Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT) is a device to treat hair loss.
- It has diodes that emit infrared light and then these rays are penetrated into the scalp. The wavelength of infrared light is 630-670 nanometers.
- LLLT helps to increase blood flow to the scalp.
- Low-Level Laser Light Therapy stimulates or awakens dormant hair follicles to grow hair.
I hope I have given some information about How To Prevent Baldness In Males and cleared your doubts about it. Therefore, make sure you consult a dermatologist and then only use any medications. You can also call us on +91-7888 091 119, we will be happy to help you out.
Thank you for reading!
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan