Female Hair Loss
Female pattern baldness
Female pattern baldness is also one of the major issues for females. If you are also having female pattern hair loss you are on the right website. Today we will know all about female baldness and learn how we can take care of our hair loss problem. I’m Dr. Dhananjay Chavan dermatologist will give you a complete insight. In today’s generation, we can see female pattern hair loss in the ’20s also.
What is female pattern baldness?
Hair loss is normal and we lose our hairs as we age. It is similar to male pattern baldness. It is also known as androgenetic alopecia which affects women. But the pattern of baldness is different in male and females. It is said that female pattern baldness or female pattern hair loss is heredity and affects women after menopause. In female hair loss mostly you start to lose your hairs from your crown area, frontal portion etc. Generally, women’s lose 50 to 100 hairs a day, but in this condition, you lose more hairs. In this condition generally, the hair growing phase slows down and it takes a longer period to grow your new hair back.
Early signs of female baldness
Hair loss does not affect you in one day, slowly it will show its results. Female baldness is really frustrating and embarrassing to meet friends and family members. Today lets check the points to know the early signs of female baldness.
- You may experience sudden hair loss.
- Hair thinning on the crown area of your scalp.
- Before you used to lose 50 hairs but now more than 100 hair loss per day.
- Sudden circular and patchy hair loss.
- Mostly hair loss you can experience after your menopause but you may start many early stages also.
- Even female pattern hair loss you can experience in the 20s also.
Done neglect these signs and symptoms. Do consult your dermatologist for better help and start taking treatments.
Female pattern hair loss in 20s
Hair loss you can experience in your 20’s or 30 ‘s but it is temporary hair loss. This hair loss is not permanent and you are getting hair loss due to various other reasons. It can be due to your hormonal fluctuations, improper diet, unhealthy foods, using harsh chemicals, using expired products etc can be the reasons. Make sure you take care of your diet and do take proper hair care at home to control your hair loss. In case you are not able to control your hair loss at home, then consult a dermatologist for better help. In the ’20s if you are having hair thinning and hair fall it can be completely taken care. Take complete care of your own hair to fight with your hair loss problem.
Causes of Female hair loss
It is not at all easy to deal with female baldness. You may lose more than 100 hairs in a day but don’t know what is the main reason behind it. So let’s check what are the causes of this type of hair loss.
- Family history
- Hormonal changes
- Harmful chemicals
- Radiation therapy
If you see your hair loss is not under control then do consult your dermatologist for better help with treatments.
Treatments for female hair loss
Now you are aware that you are suffering from this condition. So don’t neglect the treatments and start from the initial periods of your hair loss. There is much effective treatment for hair loss like:
- PRP: It is one of the natural treatment to control your hair loss. In this treatment, we take 30ml of your blood and then centrifuge the blood and separate the plasma. Then inject the plasma into the scalp. Repeat this treatment after every 20 days for better results. Gives strength to your hair roots and promotes hair growth.
- Dermaroller: You can do this treatment at your house also. Use 0.50 mm to 0.25 mm derma roller needles on your scalp, when doing at home. This treatment helps to give complete blood circulation to your scalp and helps in hair regrowth.
- Micro-needling: In this treatment, the doctor’s use a microneedle pen which helps to give strength to the hair follicles and hair roots.
- Low laser light therapy(LLLT): It is a laser helmet through this penetrates laser lights which help to ensure hair growth.
- Hair transplant: It is one of the permanent treatment and permanent treatment to restore hair loss problem. This treatment is best for those patients who have 5 to 6-degree baldness. In this treatment, we take your back hairs and then accordingly we transplant into the bald area. Then again hair growth is seen in a few weeks. The transplanted hairs have life for 20 to 25 years.
- Medications: You can use the medications as said by your dermatologist. Can use minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, multivitamins etc. But you should know that finasteride and dutasteride should be used only for male pattern baldness only. Postmenopause females use finasteride, make sure your dermatologist should prescribe and then only use it.
Watch this video to get good information about female baldness and how to prevent it.
Is female pattern hair loss reversible?
Actually, if you are having male or female pattern hair loss then this hair loss is not reversible. It is really painful to know about pattern baldness. If you take proper treatment and care from the initial period then you can control the hair loss and regain good hairs. Start taking care of this hair loss seriously and follow as your dermatologist suggests you. Follow the treatments and oral medications which can help you to postpone your baldness.
You need to really have the patience for at least 12 months to see results. Don’t be disappointed and in between don’t stop the medications. Be positive with the treatments keep follow up with your dermatologist.
This was all about female pattern baldness and I have given you complete details on how to take care of your hairs. To know more you can call us on +91-7888 091 119, we will be happy to guide you completely.
Thank you for reading!
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan