Female Hair Loss
Treatment for Female hair loss in 40’s
Females experience hair loss in various stages of there life. But females lose more hairs in their 40’s. In today’s date, hair loss is becoming a very common problem. Almost everyone, male and female both are facing this problem either in their 20’s or 40’s. If you are also losing too many hairs in your 40’s, then you need to know details about Female hair loss in 40’s. Don’t worry, you need to have patience and to get good results.
Hair growth cycle
There are many reasons which can cause hair loss. But people should understand hair loss is not the problem but if you cant see new hair growth at that place then yes it is a problem. Human hair has a life cycle and it occurs in three phases i.e. anagen, catagen and the last is telogen. So the hair is meant to fall according to their life cycle. But if the new hair growth stops then it is again a problem.
Hair loss in females reasons
There are many causes for hair loss in females, but depending on your hair condition only you need to take care of your skin.
- Telogen Effluvium: In telogen effluvium, hair shedding of your hair starts from all over the scalp. We normally lose near about 100 hairs every day, but sometimes the hair count increases or accelerates due to some external triggering factors like stress, illness, any kind of medications or .hormonal changes within the body. But in this condition hair grows back within 6 months.
- Androgenic Alopecia: Androgenic alopecia is a condition where the female pattern hair loss begins due to the action of DHT. in females, the hairline doesn’t recite but the hair thinning starts. In Androgenic alopecia, the donor area remains thick and crown area and hair line will start thinning due to the action of DHT.
- Alopecia Areata: Alopecia areata is a condition where hair fall occurs in round patches. It is an autoimmune disease which can occur in healthy people. It can lead to total baldness also. In 60% of cases of alopecia areata, the hair regrows automatically.
- Menopause: Menopause is a very common reason for female hair loss in 40’s. During the time of menopause, a female undergoes many hormonal changes in the body. Because of changes in the body they experience high levels of stress, mood swings like things and which ultimately leads to hair loss. So due to hormonal imbalance, females from their 40’s faces the problem of hair loss.
Treatment for Female hair loss in ’40s
We can also use medicines which can promote hair growth. Medicines like Minoxidil can be used in the treatment of alopecia but these medicines can’t control the new coming bald patches on the scalp. There is no exact treatment for the condition of alopecia areata but commonly we use corticosteroids and strong anti-inflammatory drugs which is able to suppress the immune system. Finasteride is also medication for hair loss but there is a limitation using finasteride in females. You can only use this medicine if the female has completed her family. Otherwise, the drug has bad effects on the fetus.
PRP for hair loss
Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP) is a procedure where our bodies own growth factors are taken from our blood. Then injected into the scalp after centrifuging it twice to separate rich plasma and poor plasma. After this the rich plasma it injected on the scalp under local anesthesia and poor plasma is used to massage on the scalp after the whole procedure. Our bodies own growth factors works best for hair growth. These growth factors stimulate the growth of your hair which is already gone into the dormant phase. It also activates the hair cells present on the scalp and helps them to grow faster.
Mesotherapy for hair loss
Mesotherapy has the same mechanism of action as PRP. The difference is just, in PRP we use bodies own growth factors and in mesotherapy, we use botanical growth factors. The botanical growth factors are injected into the scalp with the help of gun-shaped instrument having fine needles on it. These botanical growth factors also stimulate the growth of the hair.
Dermaroller for hair loss
Dermaroller for hair loss is gaining much attention nowadays. This procedure is widely used procedure due to its good results in hair loss. Dermaroller is an instrument which has a probe having a number of fine needles on it. When we roll it on the scalp, it literally pricks the skin on the scalp causing pinpoint holes on the scalp. What derma roller does exactly is, it uses the wound healing mechanism. When we use a dermaroller, it causes minor injuries on the scalp to boost the collagen which helps in hair growth.
Watch this video for more information regarding female hair loss.
Hair care tips
Getting the triggering factors under control is not at all enough. We also need to actively take good care of your hair.
- Follow a good hair care regime with hair care products best suited to your hair.
- Learn the right techniques of shampooing and conditioning the hair.
- Avoid washing hair too often as it will decrease your level of natural oils, making it very dry.
- Nourish your hair regularly by massaging the scalp using oil to boost the blood circulation and stimulate the hair growth.
- Get your hair trimmed every couple of months to avoid damage to your hair.
- Avoid over-styling your hair too often.
You can call us on +91-7888 091 119 we will be glad to solve your problem. You can also share with your friends and family members and keep reading our posts.
Thank you for reading!
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan