Female Hair Loss
What are the types of hair loss in females?
Hair loss has become a common problem in everyone’s life. Like men, even females are also going through this problem. If you are a female and looking solution for hair loss, then you need to know about female hair loss. What are the types of hair loss in females? You should understand this point in depth, so you will be through in understanding hair loss problem.
What is hair loss?
Hair loss is nothing but loss of hairs from any part of your body. It is also referred to as alopecia or baldness. We get worried if we see the loss of hairs from our scalps. Nowadays hair loss has become an epic problem all over the country.
Thereafter, now let’s see the classification according to the location of hair loss on the scalp.
- Diffuse hair loss – In this type of hair loss, hairs from all over the scalp starts losing.
- Pattern hair loss – In this hair loss female may experience female pattern hair loss which is hair loss on the vertex or male pattern hair loss in the female which is usually a receding hairline.
- Localized or Patchy hair loss– In this type of hair loss, one patch on the scalp is completely bald this case usually refers to the alopecia areata.
Types of female hair loss in females
Let’s understand in details the types and accordingly, you can take care of your hair loss problem.
- Androgenetic alopecia – In this type of hair loss females usually experience diffuse pattern hair loss. This hair loss is caused by the excessive activity of androgen hormones(DHT). This excessive hormone may be released due to many pathological factors like an ovarian cyst, high androgen index birth control pills, pregnancy, menopause.
- Telogen effluvium: It is also said to be temporary thinning of hair loss. This hair loss can be acute or chronic also. It is also said this hair loss happens due to stress, tension or shock and mostly on the top of the scalp. Top hairs from the scalps start to shed.
Other types of female hair loss
The other uncommon type of hair loss women mostly suffers in their 30’s or 40’s.
- Anagen effluvium– This phenomenon is usually experienced during cancer treatment. As chemotherapy targets rapidly dividing cells of the human body and hair follicles also posses rapidly dividing cells so chemotherapy attack those cells and hair loss occurs.
- Traction alopecia– This hair loss is caused by tight knot hair loss.
- Alopecia areata – This is an autoimmune disease which causes hair loss usually patchy hair loss. The progression of this disease may cause alopecia Totalis or Universalis. There are also other causes of hair loss that must be known.
Female hair loss stages
Let’s check the points when females can lose their hairs.
- Early thinning that can be taken care with proper grooming, treatment and nutrition.
- A significant widening of the midline part and noticeably decreased volume. Hair transplantation may be indicated if the donor area in the back and sides of the scalp is stable.
- A thin, see-through look on the top of the scalp, it is really very embarrassing also. This is often associated with generalized thinning.
Therefore, I hope you got to know the types of female hair loss and how to solve your problem. To know more, call us on +91-7888 091 119 we are always there to help you out. Do comment and let us know, how you liked the topics. Kindly share with your near and dear ones if you feel this topic is useful for you.
Thank you for reading!
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan