Male Hair Loss
How to stop hair loss?
You are suffering from a drastic hair loss and hair thinning problem. Don’t know what next to do. Then you are the right page. Hair loss is one of the most common problems which everyone is facing nowadays in daily life. This is a very generic question for hair loss and hair thinning which my patients ask me, how to stop hair loss & hair thinning. So, before starting with the answer I will try to give you a brief about the hair loss or hair thinning, and how to control it for better understanding.
Types of hair loss
Before starting with how to control hair loss, you should also know about hair loss types in details. So it can help you understand your problem as well.
- Androgenic alopecia hair loss: This is the most common type of hair loss for both men and female. So, men suffering from this hair loss is called as the male pattern hair loss or genetic hair loss. Therefore, this type of hair loss is mainly caused by your genetic inheritance. But to explain clinically, it is said it is caused due to hormone name DHT or dihydrotestosterone. In this case, this DHT hormone acts on the roots of your hair follicle causing speed up of hair cycle from anagen phase to telogen phase. After the telogen phase, those hairs ultimately falls off into the exogen phase this is the hair loss phase.
- Telogen effluvium: This is also known as the temporary phase of hair thinning. In this type of hair loss, the main cause is physical or mental stress. Physical stress is encountered in any form of overexertion, nutritional deficiency. Some other causes like hypothyroidism and other hormonal disturbances can also be the cause of hair loss.
- Alopecia Areata: In this hair loss, you can experience sudden patchy hair loss from your scalp. But it is seen 90% of people get back the hairs in a few years. Do you know Alopecia is broadly categorized into Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Universalis & Alopecia Totalis.
How to control hair loss?
Now, you know the broad types of hair loss. So, now I will explain to you 10 points about how you can control your hair loss problem.
- From the initial period, it’s better to take care of your hair fall. Don’t wait for a long time.
- Consult a dermatologist from the beginning to know your exact reason for your hair fall.
- You need to keep your scalp clean to avoid hair loss.
- Always use a mild shampoo which suits your hairs.
- Have a good diet like include vitamins and minerals, proteins, which is good for your hairs.
- Try to avoid brushing your hairs when it is wet.
- Follow good exercise and keep yourself fit to have good hair.
- Keep yourself stress-free always.
- Try not to use harsh chemicals products on your scalp, if you are facing hair fall.
- try to keep your scalp sweat free, this also helps you from hair fall.
Treatments for hair loss
As you are suffering from hair loss and hair thinning, so I can guess that you are at initial stages of hair loss. To save your existing thin hairs, you need to consult a dermatologist and in his guidance, you can opt these following treatments.
- Minoxidil and Finasteride – These are the only FDA approved medicines for hair loss which you can consume with a prescription. But please make note that these medicines do not regrow hairs which you have lost from roots. These hairs only convert maximum hairs from the telogen phase to the anagen phase which are in a growth phase. Due to this, you may experience initial hair loss but this is completely normal. Now the question is how long one should take the minoxidil then here is the answer. TILL THE TIME YOU WANT HAIRS ON YOUR SCALP OR MINOXIDIL STOPS WORKING FOR YOU.
- Evidence-based medicines– There are some therapies which you can opt for better results. Therapies like PRP, LLLT, mesotherapy these will give you better and fast results. Try to get these treatments from well-trained professionals.
Watch this video to get more information about hair loss treatments.
In today’s world, we all are fighting to have good and denser hairs. But due to hectic lifestyle, dust, pollution we aren’t able to have good hair condition. In case you feel this blog is helping you can share with your friends and family members. For more queries, you can even call us on 91+7888091119 our team will help you out. You can also comment and let us know if you have further any queries.
Thank you for your precious time, you have invested in reading this article.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan