Thank you for asking this question, this is one of the rare and intelligent questions asked by a patient to me. Many patients are fascinated with the idea of getting a hair transplant. maybe they heard about it from a friend or in newspaper and media or the internet and got fascinated. those patients come to me asking to do hair transplant for them without knowing whether hair transplant is a right choice for them or not.
Following points, you should consider deciding whether hair transplant is the right choice for you or not
- You have tried all conservative methods to control hair loss like medicinal therapy, low-level laser light therapy, platelet rich plasma therapy and much more and which have not worked for you
- Your hair loss/baldness have got permanently settled.
- You are suffering from androgenetic alopecia.
- your baldness doesn't have any underlying pathological disease as a cause.
- you don't have a diffuse hair loss i.e. hair loss all over the head.
- you have perfectly healthy donor area.
- you have a good amount of donor's hairs at your donor area.
- you don't have any unrealistic expectations from a hair transplant.
- you are ready to take proper aftercare after a hair transplant.
- you are ready to take minoxidil and finasteride at least for 6 months after a hair transplant.
If you satisfy to at least 6 criteria as mentioned above then hair transplant is a right choice for you.