I am the 26-year-old guy from Mumbai, since last 4 years I have been experiencing heavy hair loss but because I had different priorities in my life like career and education I didn't do anything about my hair loss ( exactly where I went wrong ). now I have lost hairs completely from my top of the head, and because of that I look too older, so I continuously wear a hat to hide baldness. please guide me. is hair transplant a right choice for me? or any other option I should try?
Thank you for asking this question, this is one of the rare and intelligent questions asked by a patient to me. Many patients are fascinated with the idea of getting a hair transplant. maybe they heard about it from a friend or in newspaper and media or the internet and got fascinated. those patients come to me asking to do hair transplant for them without knowing whether hair transplant is a right choice for them or not.
Following points, you should consider deciding whether hair transplant is the right choice for you or not
- You have tried all conservative methods to control hair loss like medicinal therapy, low-level laser light therapy, platelet-rich plasma therapy and much more and which have not worked for you
- Your hair loss/baldness have got permanently settled.
- You are suffering from androgenetic alopecia.
- your baldness doesn't have any underlying pathological disease as a cause.
- you don't have a diffuse hair loss i.e. hair loss all over the head.
- you have perfectly healthy donor area.
- you have a good amount of donor's hairs at your donor area.
- you don't have any unrealistic expectations from a hair transplant.
- you are ready to take proper aftercare after a hair transplant.
- you are ready to take minoxidil and finasteride at least for 6 months after a hair transplant.
If you satisfy to at least 6 criteria as mentioned above then hair transplant is a right choice for you.
What makes me the suitable candidate for hair transplant?