This is exactly like asking Maruti 800 is more comfortable and good or Maruti Suzuki Swift? of course answer is swift but as a matter of fact Maruti 800 was there so swift came into market , no doubt 800 is good but it's not time relevant now we have swift named Follicular unit extraction ( FUE ) then why buy follicular unit transplant ( FUT ).
The world of hair transplant has come too far from strip method to FUE with lots of trials and errors and experiments. Those experiments have developed two best methods of hair transplant named FUT and FUE but it has some pros and cons.
- Scarring- FUE hair transplant if done properly then causes almost invisible scarring on the other hands FUT causes linear scars. Here is a good read on scarring and Hair transplant.
- FUE hair transplant gives you almost natural look and a surgeon can design a hairline like you want.
- On the other hand, FUE is very much time to consume than FUT.
- There is a high level of discomfort in FUT due to swelling than FUE.
- Per graft cost of FUE hair transplant generally on the higher side than FUT due to more time required to perform this surgery. But, before falling for cheap prices, you must know how the cost of good hair transplant is decided.
- Pain is easily manageable in both the types but in FUT its bit more uncomfortable. Here is the useful resource developed by Dr Dhruv on a daily routine in the aftercare of hair transplant.
These are the above-explained points will give you a general idea on why to FUE is gold standard procedure for hair transplant.