FUE Hair Transplant
FUE vs FUT: Which one is a best method of hair transplant?
Hair Transplant is a widely used procedure for people who are facing baldness and want to have natural looking hairs on their scalp. As you are reading this, definitely you are thinking to undergo Hair Transplant but having lots of confusion about which method is better FUE or FUT. Don’t worry, You are on the right track to solve your all queries which are striking in your mind. Let’s take a glance on FUE vs FUT.
FUT vs FUE Hair Transplant which one is a better method of Hair Transplant is exactly like asking Maruti 800 is more comfortable and good or Maruti Suzuki Swift? Of course the answer is swift but as a matter of fact, Maruti 800 was there that is why Swift came into the market, no doubt Maruti 800 is good but it’s not time relevant, Now we have swift named Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) then why to buy Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT).
The world of hair transplant has come too far from the strip method to FUE, with lots of trials and errors and experiments. Those experiments have developed two best methods of hair transplant named FUE vs FUT but it has some pros and cons.
FUT Hair Transplant
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) is an advanced technique, which imitates the pattern of hair growth and is an ideal choice for patients who have large bald areas on their head.
- This technique involves removing the entire strip of hair from a “Donor Area” where hair fall is less and hair growth is still thick. The donor area from where the strip is taken is then sutured leaving a linear scar on the scalp.
- This linear strip which contains the Hair Follicles is then divided into grafts consisting of one or two follicles. These follicular units contain sebaceous glands (oil-secreting glands), nerves, tiny muscles,& fine hairs called vellus hairs.
- Tiny incisions are made on the bald areas of the scalp, also known as “Recipient area”. Thousands of follicular unit grafts are placed into it in a single session.
FUE Hair Transplant
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), is the opposite of FUT hair transplant procedure. In this method, the doctor extracts follicular units of hair, from the donor area of your head one by one.
- A doctor uses a small microneedle, which punches tiny pricks as incisions around a hair follicle before extraction.
- Each Unit contains one to four hairs. These groupings are called Follicular Unit Grafts.
- These grafts are then transplanted into the balding areas of the patients head.
- Therefore in this method, the surgeon doesn’t make any long incision in the donor area, as it is made in the FUT procedure.
- This method is also recommended for patients who have tight scalp or undergone previously the strip or FUT method. But with little or no success.
FUE vs FUT: Difference between Hair Transplant Methods
- Scarring– FUE hair transplant if done properly then causes almost invisible scarring on the other hands FUT causes linear scars. Here is a good read on scarring and Hair Transplant.
- FUE hair transplant gives you the most natural look and a surgeon can design a hairline as you want.
- On the other hand, FUE is very much time to consume than FUT.
- There is a high level of discomfort in FUT due to swelling than FUE.
- Per graft cost of FUE hair transplant generally on the higher side than FUT. Due to more time required to perform this surgery. But, before falling for cheap prices, you must know how the cost of good hair transplant is decided.
- Pain is easily manageable in both the types but in FUT it’s a bit more uncomfortable. You can read more useful resource developed by Dr. Dhruv on a daily routine in the aftercare of hair transplant.
Above points explains, FUE is the gold standard procedure for hair transplant. So remember the points mentioned above before going for Hair Transplant.
I hope you have got all the information about FUT and FUE Hair Transplant method in details. Kindly do comments & share with your friends who are seeking for Hair Transplant, if you think that it is really helpful. If the thought of going for hair transplant still bothers you, you are always welcome to consult our hair transplant surgeons at HairMD. Don’t worry at all, you are in safe hands. You can call us on +91-7888091119, our support team will be happy to solve all your queries. We have also started with a video consultation with our expert doctors.
Thank you for your precious time.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan