To answer this question we need to understand what is the cause of the hair loss you are experiencing, and according to the cause actually, I can tell you the best treatment for that cause. as I don't have your complete clinical history so may be suffering from hair loss due to any of the 42 reasons behind that right from androgenetic to nutritional.
but looking at your age I think the following can be your reasons behind hair loss you are experiencing.
- menopausal cause.
- nutritional causes.
- due to the underlying disease.
I will explain in short why I thinI these are the causes of hair loss in your case.
- menopausal - at the age of around 45 years and plus minus 5 years every woman on the earth experience a phenomenon called menopause i.e. stoppage of the reproductive cycle which occurs due to inactivation of ovaries. as ovaries stop working the hormone is important for normal hair growth ( estrogen) shows diminished levels in blood so causes hair loss. as menopause is also a stressful condition it may also cause hair loss. treatment - actually this is a completely natural phenomenon but you can try out things like a) maintaining normal a level of the hormone by hormonal replacement therapy. b) reduce the stress level c) drink lots of water d) take nutritious food. you can try out other treatments after the consultation with the dermatologists, treatments like a) PRP b) MESO therapy c) Microneedling d) medications like minoxidil and finasteride.
- nutritional- lack of nutrition may cause the hair loss, lack of iron, b12, d3 may cause hair loss. treatment- the obvious treatment for this is vitamin supplements along with the other treatments like a) PRP b) Mesotherapy c) micro needling.
- due to underlying disease - there are many underlying diseases which cause hair loss but at this age usually, the disease is hypothyroidism is the reason. treatment- treating an underlying disease is the only way out of this.
mainstream treatments for hair loss
- medications - minoxidil and finasteride are the only FDA approved over the counter medicines available to treat hair loss.
- platelet rich plasma therapy- this is also an FDA-approved treatment available in which growth factors and platelets from patients own blood are injected in the scalp which promotes hair growth.
- mesotherapy - in this treatment some drugs and vitamins are injected in your scalp with the help of small multiple injections.
- Low-level laser therapy- this is a noninvasive type of therapy. in which scalp is exposed to the laser light which induces hair growth.
I would suggest you book a consultation with any of our dermatologist and then we can suggest you the best treatment after knowing the root cause of your hair loss.