Does Dandruff Cause Hair Loss?
Does Dandruff cause hair loss?
Does one beauty taboo cause another? That would be really frustrating. Having a dry and itchy scalp can give you constant snowflakes on your clothes. But it gets a lot worse with the additional nightmare of losing your precious hair. I have another question in my mind does dandruff cause hair loss? As I m having too much of hair fall and wanted to know the reason behind my hair loss. I will give you complete information on hair loss and dandruff. The relation between dandruff and hair loss.
What is dandruff?
Dandruff occurs when the scalp is either too oily or when it’s too dry. It’s one of the most common scalp conditions, and is usually chronic, presenting as white flakes made up of dead skin cells from the superficial skin layer, resulting in intense itching. This constant urge to itch inevitably leads to vigorous scratching to relieve that itch, which weakens your hair roots and ultimately leads to hair fall.
The truth about hair loss
Hair loss has many causes, which can lead to temporary (reversible) or permanent (irreversible) hair loss, including nutritional deficiencies, lifestyle and dietary factors, stress, hormonal imbalance, fungal infections, etc. Dandruff is about the skin on your scalp while thinning and falling of hair is about your hair follicles. So while there’s no direct relationship between dandruff and hair loss, the constant and aggressive scratching triggered by dandruff is the real culprit responsible for hair fall.
Dandruff and Hair Loss
Dandruff and hair loss have a complicated relationship, they form two ends of a vicious cycle. Do you feel we need to blame dandruff for hair loss? Most of the cases dandruff is not responsible for hair loss, but itching on the scalp due to dandruff is the culprit for hair loss. The hair follicles get damaged and which results in hair loss. Dandruff is not immediately responsible for your hair loss.
Causes of dandruff
A way to escape either of the beauty taboos, may it be hair loss or dandruff, is to employ a healthy hair care regime.
- Cause: Diagnose and correct the underlying cause of hair loss.
- Diet: Implement a dietary plan that allows the daily recommended intake of proteins and calories.
- Lifestyle: Incorporate exercising, meditation, and stress relaxation techniques to improve your lifestyle.
- Hormonal imbalance: Correct hormonal imbalances, if any.
- Fungal infections: Treat scalp infections when indicated.
- Haircare: Learn and practice the right techniques of shampooing and conditioning your hair.
Do watch this video for more information to get a more clear picture of dandruff and hair loss problems.
Home remedies for dandruff
You need to follow some of the home remedies along with shampoos and conditioners to get better results. So let’s check the tips which can be benefited.
- Limit intake of milk and dairy products: Reduce the use of citrus fruits like tomatoes, lemons, and such acidic foods, eliminate all foods which contain yeast, like bread, baked goods, cheese, fermented foods, wine and alcoholic beverages to prevent dandruff.
- Brush your hair daily to improve circulation and help remove the dead skin cells and flakes.
- Massage your scalp with your hands using oil to stimulate circulation and remove dirt and dandruff, encouraging hair growth.
- Don’t use hair care products containing alcohol and other chemicals which dry out your scalp and promote dandruff.
- Can’t escape dandruff: If you do suffer from dandruff, refrain from scratching. And do not skip out on shampooing frequently, it will only worsen the hair loss when you do wash your hair finally.
- Use ketoconazole, salicylic, selenium sulfide etc containing shampoo twice a week for keeping your scalp clean from dandruff.
At some point in life, everyone suffers from dandruff and hair loss. But now you know what needs to be done to tackle them and win back your thick, luscious locks.
You can call us on +91-7888 091 119 we will be glad to help you out. Do let us know if you have any more questions so I and my team can solve it out.
Thank you for reading! Do keep in touch to ask about any queries!
” Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body “
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan