Can using hair products cause hair loss?
Nowadays there are so many products on the market available for getting shinning and beautiful hair. But do you think regularly using these products is having any harm to our hairs? Does hair products cause hair loss? Regularly using styling creams and products can be the reason for the quality of hair gets reduced and hair fall. I am Dr. Dhananjay Chavan will give you an explanation on how you can protect your hairs from these products.
Hair products and hair loss
Hair products are the styling products which are designed to style your hair as your preference with many styling products. The hair products include hair gel, hair creams, hair wax, hair spray, hair bleach, volumizer, mousse, serum, conditioning mask etc. Hair straightening, curling, blow-dry, ironing are also used along with the hair products. Using these products with these instruments helps to give different style and shape to your hairs. Regularly using these harsh chemicals, heat on hairs damages your hair if used for the long run. You should use these products once a while for your hair whenever it’s required. If you are in the beauty profession then you can’t avoid using such products. Make sure you do take care of your hair and use good brands.
Don’t forget to consult a dermatologist to get better advice for your hair. They are the best to give you complete guidance for your hairs.
Good Shampoo for hair loss?
Severe hair breakage causes
Since time immemorial fashion, religions and customs have given rise to countless hairstyles suiting on different occasions. These different hairstyles produce different stress on the hair which can cause severe hair breakage.
- A simple ponytail causes hair loss in the front and on the sides. I also affect on severe hair breakage also.
- Tight braiding can lead to central or marginal alopecia.
- The tight bun that you rock can produce horseshoe alopecia.
- Use of brush rollers or an overenthusiastic massage also cause diffuse hair loss.
- Colouring your hair might be the trend for now but hair colours and using heat on hair have a huge impact on your hair quality.
Lifestyle habits that cause hair loss!
Hair care tips to protect hair
There are some activities that we have been doing wrong all our life that we were not aware of before. Even if you do the following small changes, it would make a huge difference in health and look of your hair:
- Always wrap your washed hair in a towel and dry it. Air drying would do equally good.
- The use of brush should be restricted as it may cause split ends. Usage of wide-toothed combs and brush, while you untangle your hair gently, is more preferable.
- Do not handle your wet hair with a comb or a brush. Let it dry off at least partially before you tackle it as wet hair is more prone to damage.
- Curb the use of long-lasting products like gels and hairsprays as it increases the friction and can cause your strands to break after application.
- Always use the iron on medium heat settings and avoid excessive heating.
- Constantly wearing ponytails, braids and hair extensions also produce tension and causes hair loss. Why not try hairstyles that do not produce much stress, it might just give you a new one to show off.
- Get strictly lightweight weaves and hair extensions in specialized salons as they can permanently destroy your hair follicles. Avoid using rubber bands.
- Using hair colour, perm, straightening or bleach can cause your hair to look dull as it erodes the integrity of the hair strands. Have only one hair treatment at a time and ensure a gap of 5-6 weeks between two procedures.
- Be aware of the signs of traction alopecia like itching of scalp, tenderness and relief on untying your hair.
- Limit the use of blow dryers as they can burn your hair and weaken them.
- Using vitamin E products which acts as a moisturizer, consumption of green leafy vegetables, keeping your iron in check are all keys to better hair growth.
Do watch this video to get more information and it will be helpful to treat your hairs.
If you feel this blog is helpful for you to do share with your friends, it can be helpful for them. Keep in touch with us.
Thank You so much for reading this blog.