Best Hair transplant in Pune
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a permanent, medical solution to hair loss or hair fall problems. It is a procedure in which hair follicles are removed from the donor area and planted on the recipient site.
There are two methods that surgeons use across the world to carry out a hair transplant. One is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and the other is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). FUE is the more popular one due to the quality of the results.
Methods of Hair Transplant
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Technique is the most advanced hair transplant technique. FUE hair transplant is one of the most popular hair transplant surgery for advanced hair loss, male or female pattern baldness treatments offered at HairMD- hair transplant clinic in Pune with amazing hair transplant results.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant is a procedure in which dermatologists extract individual hair follicles from parts of the head which have hair and implant them in regions experiencing hair loss. FUE hair treatment is one of the most recommended and widely practised methods for people experiencing hair loss. If you are in Pune and are looking for the top hair transplant treatment centre, then HairMD would be the most recommended suggestion.
Who is a suitable candidate for an FUE hair transplant?
The best hair transplant clinics in Pune will look at the following criteria before determining if you’re a good candidate for an FUE hair transplant:
- Age: The perfect age for an FUE hair transplant has to be thirty and above.
- Lifestyle: If the candidate takes care of their diet and physical health, they are considered perfect for a hair transplant because it will mean a shorter and smoother recovery period.
- The type of hair loss: This indicates the severity of hair loss. The doctor will have to consider how much donor’s hair is available to the thinning areas because it will determine the hair transplant result. This is something that needs to be discussed between the doctor and patient before going forward.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
FUT is also known as the strip method, this is one of the oldest methods of hair transplantation. In this method, the hairs are removed from the strip, i.e from the backside of the head. As the strip is removed so it leaves scars behind, due to which it looks very odd behind the head. Later then FUE hair transplant was evolved as an elegant solution to this problem.
When you make an appointment for a FUT hair transplant in Pune, the professionals will examine you and ensure that you have enough hair on your scalp to be used as a graft. FUT is performed on candidates over the age of 25 because hair loss patterns are unpredictable in younger people. People who have high hair density usually respond better to FUT hair transplant
Who is a suitable candidate for a FUT hair transplant?
Usually, men suffering from male pattern baldness are the perfect candidates for FUT. Additionally, women who suffer from Ludwig pattern baldness are suitable candidates for FUT transplant as well.
FUE hair transplant: How is it done?
FUE is a hair transplant surgery that uses your existing hair cover to fill implants of hair follicles in the regions experiencing hair fall. In this minimally invasive procedure, the surgeon plants the existing hair follicles in the regions that are experiencing baldness. The hair follicles are plucked through thousands of micro punctures and planted in the desired region.
To plant the extracted follicles, the surgeon makes small holes on your scalp with needles and plants the extracted hair follicles in them. In each session, the surgeon plants hundreds if not thousands of hair follicles.
The region of the scalp where the follicles have been extracted from is covered with antiseptic and gauged for a short period of time depending on the extraction process. Each session takes at least 4 hours, and for a thorough job, 3-4 sessions of extraction are recommended.
The number and type of grafts will depend on:
- Your hair type
- Quality of the hair
- Colour of the hair
- The size of the area where you will be getting the transplant
The duration of the procedure may vary based on the transplant size. The procedure generally takes between 8-12 hours. At Hair MD, we divide the procedure over a period of two to three days.
Advantages of FUE:
- FUE is minimally invasive.
- This technique has a lower chance of complications during the procedure.
- FUE patients experience lesser post-operative pain.
- Hair follicles can be harvested from several areas, even the body or beard, instead of from a single site.
- Absolutely natural looking hair.
- Donor site heals well with small dots, which your existing hair will cover.
- No linear scarring.
- The patients can resume their daily activities soon after a FUE hair transplant.
Choosing a hair transplant doctor: What qualifications should I look for?
The hair transplant procedure is a complex medical procedure which requires a high level of surgical expertise, therefore, only surgeons are qualified to carry out the process. MD Dermatology, MS General Surgery, M Ch Plastic Surgery qualifications can perform this procedure. You can book an appointment with the top hair transplant specialists in Pune at HairMD.
Hair Transplant cost in Pune
Here are some factors that can affect the hair transplant cost in Pune:
Level of baldness: This is an important component that affects surgery cost. The price for your hair transplant will be less if you are in the first three grades of baldness. If you are in the later stages of baldness, like the seventh stage, then the cost will be more. Therefore, you need to consult with an FUE hair transplantation expert to know your baldness level.
Graft requirement: If the baldness level is low, then a few grafts will be used and vice versa. The graft requirement also depends on the density required to cover the bald areas, the accessibility of the donor’s hair, along with its characteristics.
Other factors that influence transplant cost:
- Recipient place or area
- The experience & qualifications of doctor you go to,
- The clinic you get it done in
- The infrastructure of the clinic and of course,
- The number of grafts you need.
Why HairMD for FUE hair transplant in Pune?
HairMD is one of the best hair transplant centres in Pune. They are known for their prowess in adopting the latest technology in the field of medicine. The expert team of dermatologists and surgeons bring in years of experience in specializing in Follicular Unit Extraction surgeries. At a stunning success rate of 98.32%, HairMD is constantly receiving praise from clients.
HairMD is also known to offer the most competitive prices for their clients. Their affordable FUE hair transplant cost in Pune is one of the factors that help them make the treatment accessible to everyone.
Schedule a consultation with a HairMD expert
HairMD Results: Before and After
Our procedures have helped thousands of patients feel more confident and put their best face forward. Here are some of our happy patrons.
Hear from our Doctors
Are FUE scars repairable?
Can the appearance of fue hair transplant scars be reduced?
Can I Grow Long Hair After Hair Transplant?
With the correct post-operative care and the right hair care routine
What are Grafts in Hair Transplant?What are grafts in hair transplant? Grafts can be 1,2,3, or 4 hair. Let us see why grafts are so important in hair transplant surgery.
Diet After Hair Transplant SurgeryDo you know which foods promote hair growth after hair transplant surgery? Learn what diet should follow after surgery to promotes hair growth.
Hair Transplant FAQs
How long can a hair transplant last?
When you get the procedure done by the best hair transplantation surgery experts, then it can last you a lifetime. This is because the genetic nature of hair loss is in the follicle and not the scalp.
Is it painful to get a hair transplant?
Even though the hair transplant process is smooth and convenient since it’s a surgery the patient will experience minor discomfort. You will experience a slight pricking sensation on the scalp.
Can you wear a helmet after a hair transplant?
The hair grafts are very fragile and sensitive so should be avoided any kind of hats and helmets on the scalp. Sudden pressure will harm the roots and due to which the roots can fall out.
After hair transplant your scalp tends to be more sensitive, so anything hard can possible to damage the hair roots. Wearing hats or helmet will make your scalp to sweat which is harmful to your scalp. However, after a period of 1 month, it is generally considered safe to start wearing helmets or any other headgear.
How to sleep after getting a hair transplant?
Now as you have undergone FUE hair transplant and facing difficulty in choosing your sleeping position. Bear in mind these points, to protect your scalp in the early sensitive phase.
- Sleeping upright on your bed is the best way to sleep after FUE hair transplant.
- Lie on your back, fix a soft pillow below your head according to your comfort.
- Try and keep your head little elevated with the use of a pillow in a proper way.
- You can also sleep in 45-degree inclined till the 5th day after surgery.
- You can even fix a pillow to avoid hitting your head on the wooden panel your bed.
What precautions should I take after hair transplant?
- You can wash your hair after the 5th day of your surgery.
- Don’t panic if you see swelling on your face for first 4-5 days. Because it’s really very common.
- It is advised to avoid smoking and drinking for at least 4 weeks after surgery.
- Don’t scratch your head, as obviously, you will get itching on your scalp. You can use saline water and spray it on the operated area of the scalp.
- For the first wash after your surgery, you should consult your surgeon for better guidance.
- Take your prescribed medications after the surgery.