FUE Hair Transplant
Do you need to take medication after hair transplant?
Every day there are many FUE hair transplant is taking place in our country. Still, many people are confused about medications. If you have done your hair transplant or opting for hair transplant, you might be having a similar question in your mind too. So don’t be panic, you are the lucky one to visit our website and get your query solved. I will be extremely happy to guide you.
First of all, congratulations for your hair transplant. Nowadays in my OPD, I see many patients who are suffering from baldness and willing to opt for FUE Hair Transplant in a hope to get their hair back and gain confidence. It is very important that Hair Transplant should take place at the correct clinic as well as by an expert surgeon. But along with it, care about a hair transplant is also important. Taking proper medication after a hair transplant is one of the key parameters in the aftercare of hair transplant for better results.
Care after Hair transplant surgery:
- You can wash your hair after the 5th day of your surgery.
- Don’t be panic if you see swelling on your face for first 4-5 days. Because it’s really very common.
- It is advised to avoid smoking and drinking for at least 4 weeks after surgery.
- Don’t scratch your head, as obviously, you will get itching on your scalp. You can use saline water and spray it on the operated area of the scalp.
- For the first wash after your surgery, you should consult your surgeon for better guidance.
- Take properly prescribed medications after the surgery.
Which medicines should take after hair transplant?
Yes, it is obvious that you have to take medication after hair transplant. Don’t worry I am here to guide you about medications. After a hair transplant, doctors generally advise having some antibiotics to take orally and topical antibacterial cream to apply on the wound for the first few days. medications such as Minoxidil, Finasteride then some treatments such as Dermaroller, PRP, etc.
The most important thing to know first is What are Minoxidil and Finasteride, and how does it work?
- Usually, Minoxidil is a solution based or foam based. i.e it is a topical medication for hair regrowth, which is generally prescribed for patients who are suffering from excess hair loss.
- Minoxidil revives your inactive hair follicles and stimulates new hair growth.
- The results depend on individual response.
- You are always advised to take minoxidil under Dermatologists guidance.
How does Finasteride work :
- Finasteride is available in both Oral and Topical form and it plays an important role for hair regrowth in men.
- It helps to control the production of DHT, Thus it helps to curb hair fall.
- Minoxidil and finasteride are advised to use together, to stop hair loss, preserve existing hairs with a small percentage of new hair growth.
- It takes about 3-4 months for positive results to be seen so that the efficacy can be judged.
How does Dermaroller Work :
- Derma Roller is a treatment for hair loss patients to regrow hair.
- There are many gauges of needle size used from 0.25mm to 2mm.
- It helps in improving blood supply into the scalp and stimulates hair growth.
- Derma roller has been proven to be effective in most cases. But, again It may vary depending on genetics, sex, diet, age, and health condition.
How does PRP work :
- PRP also called as Platelets Rich Plasma.
- Patients own blood and the active growth factors are used in this procedure.
- It increases the blood circulation and blood flow in the scalp.
- PRP is one of the best supportive treatment for before and after hair transplant treatment.
The above medication are definitely very necessary after a hair transplant. But as the question arises is how many days after hair transplant one can use start Minoxidil, Finasteride, Dermaroller, and PRP.
When to start Medications After Hair Transplant
- Once you get rid of scabs, which generally takes 10-15 days after Hair Transplant you can start using Minoxidil and Finasteride.
- After 15 days of Hair Transplant, you can apply Minoxidil on the scalp, as it will help the transplanted hair to grow in a better way.
- You can even start Finasteride after 15 days of Hair Transplant, just like Minoxidil, it also helps in the growth of your transplanted hair.
- Now, about Derma roller, if you use Derma roller before 2-3 months then there is a risk. So, you can use it after 2-3 months but with the guidance of your dermatologist only.
- Even PRP, you can use after 2-3 months of Hair Transplant, under Dermatologists guidance.
As we now know, Minoxidil and Finasteride work best after a hair transplant. You can surely go for it, after 15 days of hair transplant.
Some more treatment and medication after Hair Transplant :
For best results, along with Minoxidil and Finasteride, you should take some more treatments and medication after Hair Transplant. Such as PRP, Mesotherapy, Multivitamin Tablets, etc. These treatments can even help you more strength in the growth of your transplanted hair.
You should consult a Dermatologists and your Hair Transplant Surgeon before taking any hair growth topical or oral medications.
I tried giving you complete information about the medication after Hair Transplant. So that it will be more helpful to you to understand the treatment and medication after Hair Transplant. Kindly do comment and share with your friends, if you think it is helpful. For more information, you can call us on +91-7798022622, our support team will try to solve your queries. For your betterment, we have also started with a video consultation with our expert doctors.
Thank you for your precious time.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan