FUE Hair Transplant
Can I wear a helmet after hair transplant?
Everyone who wanted to go for a hair transplant has one common question in their mind. Can I wear a helmet after my hair transplant surgery? It’s an important question, my patients, ask me a lot. Due to a lot of hair loss in the middle ’30s and ’40s, there comes hair transplant surgery. It is one of the successful methods to solve your baldness problem. In this method, the hair roots or the grafts are extracted from the backside of the scalp and then implanted on the bald area. Read my answer completely to know whether you can use a helmet or not after hair transplant.
Can you wear a helmet after hair transplant?
Let’s talk about hats and helmet and how it plays the role after hair transplant:
- After 3 weeks of your hair transplant, you can start wearing a helmet or cap as the transplanted area is completely healed and grafts are completely accepted in your scalp. (Please do wear helmet always as its necessary for your safety)
- The hair grafts are very fragile and sensitive so should be avoided any kind of hats and helmets on the scalp.
- Sudden pressure will harm the roots and due to which the roots can fall out.
- After hair transplant your scalp tends to be more sensitive, so anything hard can possible to damage the hair roots.
- Wearing hats or helmet will make your scalp to sweat which is harmful to your scalp.
FUE Hair transplant facts
You need to know also some facts of FUE hair transplant after surgery:
- After a hair transplant, it’s important to take medications in a regular interval in a specific time of the day.
- You should sleep in an upright semi-sitting position for at least 3 days after a hair transplant.
- Apply antibiotic for 3 times a day, as adviced by your surgeon.
- Spray the roots with water for at least 20 mins in a day.
- Avoid doing heavy exercise after hair transplant surgery.
- You should avoid washing your scalp after hair transplant.
- You have to avoid using a hair drier after a hair transplant.
- Steam or sauna for 2 weeks after a transplant you should avoid.
- You should do proper follow up after surgery, it is must and should not be neglected.
- Avoid wearing any helmet or hat for 3 weeks after a hair transplant.
Finally, the conclusion is the post care of hair transplant is utmost important as the way you treat your hair is very important, which helps in healing your hairs in a much better and faster way. Hairs give you confidence and strength, so handle and protects it with most care. You need to have proper follow up with your surgeon after 3 days post surgery for your first hair wash after hair transplant. Follow the process at home and use antiseptic shampoo to avoid infections.
Watch this video to understand after the aftercare of hair transplant.
I hope this article can be useful to you, then kindly share with your friends and family. To know more you can call our representative on 7888091119, we will be happy to guide you in a better and correct way. Even you can comment us so we will able to give you reply soon.
Thank You for reading!
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan