Male Hair Loss
Does Dermaroller work for hair loss?
Did your Hairline start receding? Are you facing lots of hair fall lately and worried about growing bald? Still, have confusion about treatment modalities?
Don’t worry, I am here to solve your confusion and guide you. Nowadays, I come across many patients, who complain about being too young to have a receding hairline, especially around their temples.
In my 30 years of practice, these kinds of problems in the young generation are quite recent. I won’t say only genetic predisposition plays a crucial role in hair loss but it has a synchronous outcome of many factors like stressful and hectic lifestyle, junk food consumption, along with disturbed cortisol levels due to many factors.
This post talks about dermaroller as an effective treatment for hair loss. If you’re exploring hair loss treatment options, this will help you arrive at a decision.
Does derma roller work for hair regrowth?
Let’s know all about Male Hair loss through my video :
Yes, it does! Many benefits come with micro-needling especially in treating hair loss. Studies have shown that it’s an effective treatment for alopecia because it helps stimulate collagen production and can help trigger stem cell production in the hair follicles. Thus, increasing hair regrowth. Also, if you’re still asking the question, “do derma rollers work for hair growth?” then you must know that it helps with the absorption of products that treat hair loss like:
- Growth Peptides
- Platelet-rich plasma
However, before you implement derma rolling, you need to speak with your doctor about all the hair regrowth options and if you need to add any additional treatments to your haircare routine.
Dermaroller is a device, which uses the mechanism of micro-needling that stimulates hair growth.
- It makes tiny pinpricks on the scalp.
- The pricks stimulate new cell production and increase blood circulation, without causing any damage or pain.
- The scalp then reacts to the pricks to produce new skin, by releasing the human growth hormone.
- It’s been a proven effective treatment in most cases. But, again it depends on genetics, sex, diet, age, and health condition.
- It increases the blood flow to the hair roots and stimulates an enzyme named sulfotransferase that helps improve the efficacy of Minoxidil.
How to use Dermaroller for hair loss?
- Wet your hair before using the device, to prevent your hair from getting tangled in the roller.
- Begin using it from the front side of the scalp or near the hairline and roll your way down the back of the head.
- Focus on one section of the scalp at a time.
- Roll it over each area 10-15 times, horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
- You should roll only in one direction when the needles are in contact with the scalp.
- Don’t roll forward and backward at a time to prevent any scratches.
- Make sure that the pressure you apply is only moderate to avoid over irritating your scalp and prolonging recovery time.
- Repeat this process until you have covered all areas requiring treatment.
- It is always advisable to get trained once about how to use dermaroller properly by your dermatologist before you start doing it yourself at home.
Let’s have a glance on how to use Dermaroller for hair
Can I Use Dermaroller and Minoxidil in combination
- Yes, definitely Dermaroller and minoxidil as a combination treatment work best on hairs.
- Using Dermaroller and Minoxidil together boosts the absorption of minoxidil and makes it more effective.
How often should you use Dermaroller for Hair Loss?
To achieve maximum benefits, dermaroller can be used from 2-3 times a week to once in 2 weeks depending on various factors like area requiring treatment, needle length and hairloss.
How to choose a dermatologist for the procedure?
It is advisable to get the treatment done under the purview of licensed dermatologist professionals. The derma rolling process is not surgical, hence, there are not many risks involved but the whole process does require trained hands, and this is where a professional comes in.
A licensed practitioner will do the procedure with minimal complications and scarring. Request a consultation before taking on the treatment and also ask about the approximate cost. A reputed medical practitioner will show you a portfolio of their work, during the consultation.
To learn more about dermaroller treatment and other treatment modalities for hair loss, book a consultation with a HairMD expert.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan