How to use Minoxidil with Dermaroller together?
How To Use Minoxidil With Dermaroller Together?
Have you been losing too much of your hair late and having fear of growing bald soon? Here is the answer to your hair fall worries, and not just one but two treatment solutions together! Minoxidil and dermaroller both the treatments are for hair loss, which potentiates each other’s efficacy when used together. Let’s see how to use minoxidil with dermaroller together?
What is Minoxidil?
- Minoxidil is a topical solution that revives the inactive hair follicles, further stopping hair loss. And thus stimulating new hair growth.
- It works by helping the blood flow to the hair follicles. Thus then increases the follicular size and hair shaft diameter.
- It is available in different %, mainly as 2%, 5% and 10% topical solutions. Which when applied to the scalp daily over the period of one year, it proved to be effective in about 85% of the patients. But under Dermatologists guidance to avoid any kind of side-effects.
- The results of minoxidil vary depending on individual response and the relentlessness of hair loss progression.
What is Dermaroller
- Dermaroller is a device which uses the micro-needling technology to trigger the body’s wound healing properties. And stimulate hair growth. It also increases blood circulation, cell production and collagen production in the scalp.
- Dermaroller is a small rolling pin covered in metal spikes, with a handle. When rolled over the scalp, it causes micro-injuries to the scalp tissue.
- The scalp then reacts to produce new skin over the areas of injury. By releasing human growth hormones and other chemicals to assist. These chemicals then, while encouraging the skin to regenerate and heal. It also, stimulate hair growth in the affected areas.
- Derma roller is now proven to be effective in most of the cases. But its effectiveness may vary depending on genetics, sex, diet, age, and health condition.
How to use dermaroller for hair loss?
- The size of the needle you choose depends on how much hair remains on your head. If hairs are sparse, 0.25mm – 1mm needle is required.
- First of all, wet your hair before using this device, to prevent your hair from getting tangled in the roller.
- Begin using it from the front of the scalp or near the hairline. And work your way down the back of the head.
- At a time focus on one section of the scalp. Roll over each area 10-15 times, horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
- Roll only in one direction on the scalp when the needles are in contact with the scalp. i.e. don’t go forward and backward so as to prevent any scratches.
- Always, make sure that the pressure you apply should be moderate to avoid over irritating your scalp and prolonging recovery time.
- Repeat this rolling until you cover all areas requiring treatment.
Using Minoxidil With Dermaroller together
Both minoxidil and derma roller are hair loss treatments prescribed for hair loss. These treatments work best on hairs that are in the active stage of growing phase i.e. anagen phase. Derma roller can also be used with or without minoxidil.
Method I: Dermaroller with Minoxidil
- Using a derma roller before or after applying minoxidil with a minimum of the 20-30 mins gap between the use. It massively boosts the absorption of minoxidil, making it a much more effective hair loss treatment overall.
- The most effective way to use minoxidil with dermaroller is first to roll dermaroller on the scalp. Then apply minoxidil to the area; though you can carry it out the other way round, too, like vice a Versa.
- When you are using dermaroller along with minoxidil, do not use a needle length above 0.5mm. Try using 0.25mm – 0.5 mm. Avoid using a longer needle to prevent deeper absorption of minoxidil with its side-effects.
- Dermaroller, as well as minoxidil, causes your skin to lose moisture. And has a drying effect on your scalp due to its alcohol content. So you might face some irritation, itching, redness as its side effects.
Method II: Dermaroller without Minoxidil
While using the dermaroller without minoxidil, prefer using a needle of 0.5mm – 1mm long.
Combine Methods I and II
For achieving the maximum benefits, combine methods I and II i.e. with or without minoxidil. Try using a shorter needle length of derma roller (0.2 mm-0.5 mm) 2-3 times a week with minoxidil to enhance its absorption. And use a longer length of derma roller (0.5 mm-1 mm) once a fortnight to promote better regeneration of the hair follicles.
Professionals from HairMD Clinic have good experience in guiding patients through both the treatments. Contact us at HairMD Clinic for any of your queries or consultation regarding hair loss treatment. You can call us at +91-7888 091 119, we will help you to solve your queries.
” Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body “
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan