Our hairs are a very important part of our body and we take utmost care of our hairs to look good and better. There are various reasons for hair loss which are genetic factors, lack of nutrition etc. As we loose hairs, we feel a lack of confidence in ourselves. We always have this question in our mind “how long does it take for hair to grow back after hair loss“. Don’t worry just have patience and read this blog to clarify your all doubts.
Are you experiencing hair loss? Get in touch with the best of our hair specialists in Pune to understand your hair condition. For a hair treatment or to get hair transplant, book an appointment with our dermatologists near you, call +912071177333.
First Month Six Month
Do you know the hair growth phases and how are these phases help in growing your hair? There are 4 stages of hair growth.
- Anagen phase: It is a growing phase and lasts from 2 to 7 years. This phase determines the length of your hair and is the longest phase.
- Catagen phase: This phase lasts for only 10 days and it is the transitional phase.
- Telogen phase: It is the resting phase.
- Exogen phase: This is the shedding phase of the hair growth.
How fast does hair grows?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, our hair grows 1/2 an inch a month on average. That means in a year we can grow about 6 inches of our hairs. In our body, we have about 5 million hair follicles on our body. But only on our head, we have about 100,000 follicles. But the most important thing is our follicles may stop producing hair growth as we age and this results in hair thinning or baldness.
You should know the points which influence how fast your hair can grow. The factors which help in hair growth.
- Health condition
- Hair type
- Body condition
Does hair grow back after falling out from roots?
Your dormant hair falls out in two or three months and then again follicle starts growing new hairs. Yes, shedding hairs are completely different from hair loss because follicles are in the dormant phase. You lose almost 100 to 150 hairs daily, but all hairs don’t grow back at the same time. Hair follicles take a break and again grow back, and meanwhile, other hairs grow back. Definitely, your hair will grow back after hair fall.
Treatment For Hair Growth
Various treatments like PRP, LLLT therapy, mesotherapy, microneedling, hair transplant. These treatments will help you if you consult the doctor in the initial phase of your hair loss.
- PRP:- In this treatment, we take 10 to 40 ml of your blood and then we centrifuge it and finally after the centrifuge we take out the concentrated growth factors and then inject them into the scalp. This treatment helps in blood circulation and improves the quality of the hair roots.
Is PRP effective for hair loss?
- LLLT: This is called low-level laser light therapy, in this treatment, the laser lights run on the scalp and help to make your hair roots much stronger.
- Mesotherapy: This treatment goes only to the middle layer of the skin only. In this treatment, we inject multiple injections with nutrients, which promote hair regrowth.
- Dermaroller: In this treatment, we use dermaroller or a derma pen and run it completely over the scalp area where scanty of hair is present, which gives strength to the roots and helps to get healthy hair.
- Hair transplant: This treatment is the final and last treatment if a person has lost 75 to 80% of the hairs. In this treatment hair, roots are taken from the donor area and transplanted in the empty scalp. The transplanted hairs are permanent and need to take care to maintain through lifelong.
Time to grow hair after hair loss
- Basic consultation from a dermatologist is required to get your scalp checked and follow the prescription.
- Depending on the hair condition, medication and procedures are required to regain the hair back.
- The regaining of the hair depends on the present hair condition.
- The time required to regain hair back depends on the type of hair loss, the grade of baldness, the type of treatments used to treat hair loss.
- During the initial period of hair fall, only medications might help you to regain your hair back.
- It’s always very important to follow the prescription only, don’t use over the counter medications, it can be very dangerous to health.
Hair loss treatments will help you if you consult the doctor in the initial phase of your hair loss. Keep your hairs healthy and do follow the instructions for better results. If you are satisfied with the hair loss problem, do share with your friends and family members.
Thanks for reading!