Male Hair Loss
What are the causes of teenage hair loss?
Generally, Hair fall seen in all age groups, but nowadays it has increased in many teenagers. Many teenagers are seen who are suffering from hair loss. This condition is really becoming very much severe, if not controlled correctly in its initial period. Its seen equally in Teenage girls and boys. Every teenager has a question in their mind when they face hair loss. What are the causes of teenage hair loss?
Nowadays, hair loss in teenagers has increased. I consult many teenagers in my OPD. There are many reasons which cause hair loss in teenagers.
Causes of teenage hair loss
In this condition, you can see small round patch type on your scalp, if not treated in the initial period. Then these patches can increase in more nos. We can see this in both teenage kids and in adults as well. Proper care and support are required from the family as kids feel shy to go in public or attend schools.
It’s a fungal infection which affects any party of the body. But if it affects in scalp then it looks like small patches called tinea capitis and seen mostly in teenagers.
In teenage generally, a girl goes through lots of physiological changes in their body, the hormonal changes are the most important factor and due to which the girls face lots of hair loss, mood swings, eating habits, etc. So during this period of time, they can expect hair loss.
As a teenager, it’s very difficult to make them have nutritious foods like vegetables and fruits. It’s their growth time, so food should really be the best part which will help to improve their skin and hair conditions.
Taking medications related to hormones, due to PCOD or PCOS problem then doctors suggest taking contraceptive pills, due to which you can get lots of hair thinning as well as hair loss also.
Due to a lack of nutritious foods, there can be iron deficiencies in the body, so which can lead to anemia and then the loss of hair loss is seen.
The teenage kids who are having juvenile diabetics and which is one of the reasons for hair fall.
As we know teenage kids get lots of stress due to studies, activities, nowadays competition then which may give them stress and tension, which results in hair loss.
Kids follow the trends of fashion and due to which they use lots of hair products, which is having lots of harsh chemicals. Those chemical s results in hair loss.
A lot of kids fall ill frequently due to multiple reasons, and it is also one of the reasons for hair fall in kids.
Let’s see my video on Teenage Hair Loss
5 ways to control hair fall in teenagers
- Have well-balanced foods including Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals, Omega 3 fatty acids, etc.
- Avoid using hair driers on an everyday basis.
- Reduce the stress level on them.
- Gently brush the hairs regularly.
- Doing regular nourishment makes the hair roots stronger and healthier.
Treatments for hair loss in teenagers
- Mesotherapy: As you are facing hair fall at a very young stage, dermatologist concern is very important to start any treatment. So mesotherapy is considered as one of the good treatment for them. In this treatment, vitamins and minerals boosters are used to make sure your hair roots get good blood circulations. This helps in controlling hair fall.
- Low laser light therapy: In this treatment light rays are used to control hair fall and then helps in new hair roots to grow.
- Ketoconazole containing shampoo: If you are having dandruff, then it is important to get your scalp check and then use a medicated shampoo. This will really make your scalp look more clear and strong which helps in controlling hair loss.
- Medications: Medications like vitamin deficiencies with these treatments will help in improving the hair control & give healthy scalp.
It’s always important to get yourself checked with a dermatologist and then use medications, don’t use over the counter medications, which can make the condition more worst.
I tried giving you all the information related to a teenage hair loss, What are the causes of teenage hair loss. Professionals from HairMD Clinic provides many treatments for hair loss and administered under experienced and qualified supervision. Kindly do comment and share if you think it is helpful. For more information, you can call us on +91-7888091119, our support team will try to solve your queries. You can contact us at HairMD Clinic for any queries or consultation regarding hair loss and its treatment.
Thank you for your precious time.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan