How to remove scabs after Hair Transplant?
How to remove scabs after Hair Transplant?
What are Hair Transplant scabs? How to remove scabs after hair transplant? It seems that you have undergone Hair transplant surgery, and the same question is striking in your mind. Don’t worry. Welcome back, you are on the right track. I will be extremely glad to guide you and solve your all queries about hair transplant.
First of all congratulations on having your Hair Transplant. It’s really very important to get a hair transplant done by a good surgeon and at the right clinic. Similarly, aftercare and precautions are also important. Most of the patients are very much confuse about hair transplant scabs, how to remove them etc. Let’s see what are scabs.
What are hair transplant scabs?
- Hair Transplant scabs are born out of the trauma inflicted on the scalp due to the small incisions while grafting.
- It takes a few days for this wound to start healing.
- The scabs start forming on the 3rd day itself but at this point in time, it is tightly attached to the scalp.
- Normally these scabs fall off in a matter of 7-14 days and depend on the number of hair grafts and the density and size of the incisions.
- Scabs protect the grafts.
Hair falling with scabs after Hair Transplant :
When scabs fall, short hairs(grafts) which were implanted they also generally fall out. This is the expected phase. You don’t worry about your grafts. Your follicles are alive under the skin and new hairs will start to grow in about 3-4 months. If any hair follicles that don’t fall off with the scabs will grow for 3-6 weeks and generally gets shed.
How to clean scabs after hair transplant?
- You can start washing your hair with baby shampoo, 72 hrs after surgery.
- You are also allowed to soak their head in the bathtub with water and baby oil, to let the scabs slough off.
- Please do not pick up scabs, it can dislodge the graft completely, pat them gently.
- Sometimes the doctor recommends saline spraying to aid the healing process and this does not pose any threat to the graft.
How to get rid of scabs after hair transplant?
- You can massage the scabs gently underwater without using the nails helps in this process.
- It is normal for some of the hair to fall off, as long as there is the absence of bleeding.
- Please don’t try to remove the scabs early as it can harm the follicle beneath. For the first week, keep it untouched.
- Let the scabs dry off on their own and in case of any bleeding, contact the doctor immediately.
- You can massage your scalp after the 13th day with light hands, without any fear. As the follicles attached to the scalp properly and receive adequate blood supply.
How to take care after Hair Transplant?
- It is necessary that you avoid any alcohol for a few days after surgery as it will thin your blood and hamper the healing process.
- You should avoid Vitamins, ibuprofen and arthritis medications for the first few days as they can thin the blood and cause excessive bleeding.
- Take prescribed medications like pain reliever, antibiotics and prednisone as per instructions.
- Avoid Vigorous physical activity for one week.
- Try to keep the upper part of the body elevated.
- In case of light bleeding, apply gentle pressure using a moist clean cloth.
- Do not use warm air to try your hair for at least 5 days after surgery.
Keep all the points intact in your actions and don’t worry. It is completely natural for the scabs to take 1-1.5 weeks to dispose of. In case of any queries, you can call upon your doctor. As long as you follow the correct procedure prescribed, you are at no harm. So go on, let go of that raging fear and happily welcome the hair you had long waited for.
I have tried giving you all the information’s about Hair Transplant Scabs in details. Kindly do comment and share with your friends, if you think it is helpful. If the thought of scabs and how to deal with them postoperatively still worries you, you are welcome to consult our renowned specialists at Hair MD. Rest assured of the quality of advice we offer; you are in safe hands. You can call us on +91-7498906405, our support team will be happy to solve your queries. For your betterment, we have also started with a video consultation with our expert doctors.
Thank you for your precious time.
” Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body “
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan