Are you experiencing hair loss? Get in touch with the best of our hair specialists in Pune to understand your hair condition. For a hair treatment or to get hair transplant, book an appointment with our dermatologists near you, call +919584584111.
Table of Contents
Monsoon Hair Care Tips
How to Protect Hair while Trekking in Monsoon?
Monsoon is that time of the year when some of us are happy to get wet in the rains and prefer the outdoors to enjoy the breeze and the rains, while some of us are reluctant to step out with the fear of getting drenched. One of the things most of us worry about during the monsoon, is our hair, as it gets difficult to style and manage the hair during the rains. Dandruff, hair fall, and hair breakage are some of the common monsoon hair problems faced by many. Here, we will see how to take care of our hair in the rainy season.
Monsoon Hair Care Tips
- Keep your scalp dry. Rainwater is impure and acidic in nature, which is not good for the health of your hair. So don’t let this water stay in the hair. Dry the hair and scalp soon after getting wet in the rains.
- To dry your hair, use a soft towel of a material such that the water is absorbed by it fast. This helps reduce friction between the towel and your hair and subsequently prevents hair fall.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to help detangle your hair easily. This helps prevent hair breakage while combing.
- Prefer to keep your hair short during the monsoon. Combing long hair leads to pulling of the hair roots, which may loosen the hair and cause hair fall.
- Tie the hair in a ponytail or bun when going out in the rainy season. This will prevent the hair from getting drenched. Tying the hair will also keep bacterial infections at bay since they arise from bacteria in the rainwater that accumulates in the hair.
- Do not comb wet hair, as the hair is weaker when wet. Combing it then may lead to more hair fall.
- Include natural ingredients like lemon juice, fenugreek, aloe vera, neem, and turmeric in your monsoon hair care routine. The application of neem and turmeric paste can help prevent fungal infections of the scalp. Applying lemon juice on the scalp can help reduce dryness and dandruff. Aloe vera soothes an itchy, inflamed scalp. If used with yogurt, the mixture provides exfoliation and removes dirt from the hair. Applying fenugreek paste on the scalp reduces hair fall and being rich in iron and protein, it promotes hair growth. Using these ingredients in your hair care regime are among the important monsoon hair care tips and home remedies.
- Select a shampoo and conditioner based on your hair type. Conditioning helps the hair retain moisture and keeps hair problems like dryness and dandruff at bay. Use a hair serum if you like, to keep the frizz and roughness away.
- During the rainy season, the hair limps and looks heavy. Due to humidity in the air, the hair gets frizzy. Oiling the hair is important to prevent frizz and dryness and to take care of hair fall in the rainy season.
- Hair colouring, highlighting, and other treatments that expose the hair to heat, cause dryness and the hair starts looking dull. With frequent exposure to rainwater, the hair further loses its shine. So it is better to avoid hair treatments and chemicals during the monsoon.
- Why do more hair fall in the rainy season? Hair loss increases during the monsoon because of high levels of humidity in the air and due to dry scalp, dandruff, and frequent exposure to acidic rainwater. Rainwater disrupts the pH balance of the scalp, due to which it turns into a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi. Additionally, the hair absorbs more rainwater, causing the roots of your hair to swell, thus leading to hair fall.
- How to take care of oily hair in the rainy season? Wash your hair with a gel-based shampoo to get rid of oil and dirt. A conditioner or serum will prevent the hair from getting sticky or oily.
- How to take care of frizzy hair in the monsoon? Avoid getting drenched in the rain and stay away from hair treatments. To control the frizz and hair damage caused by the rains and the humid weather, use natural oils and a leave-in conditioner.
- Following a proper diet is among the other important monsoon hair care hacks. Include foods rich in nutrients that boost hair growth and prevent hair loss. Increase the intake of foods rich in vitamins A, E, C, and B complex vitamins, and consume foods high in minerals like iron, zinc, and selenium as they are instrumental in keeping your hair healthy.
How to Protect Hair while Trekking in Monsoon?
- Hair protection techniques during trekking in the rain include using a scarf, stole, or a cap to cover the head, so as to protect the hair and scalp from the harsh sunlight and the rain.
- If the hair gets wet, gently pat dry it well, preferably with a soft microfiber towel which absorbs water quickly while also minimizing the friction between the hair and the towel, as the friction can lead to hair fall.
- If rainwater along with contaminants stays for long in the hair, it can cause accumulation of dirt and microbes on the scalp. So protect the hair from water or clean and dry the hair quickly if it gets wet.
- Do not comb the hair when it is wet, as it easily gets entangled and breaks. Use a wide-toothed comb so that the hair can be detangled easily.
- A good way of preventing hair damage during monsoon trekking is to avoid scrubbing the hair. It is important to rinse the hair with fresh water to remove the oil and dirt from hair.
- Hair protection from moisture during trekking is also important. The monsoon causes the hair to get frizzy. The hair may lose its lustre due to the humidity. For this, use an appropriate shampoo and conditioner. It is also good to use a hair serum as a part of hair care during the rainy season.
- During a monsoon trek, keep your hair short if you can, as this simple step can stop hair fall and hair breakage while also keeping your mane easy to manage.
If you are keeping the hair long, ensure that you tie a ponytail or bun when trekking or traveling in order to prevent it from getting drenched. Tying the hair can help in preventing frizz and itchiness.
Following the monsoon hair care tips detailed in this article will surely help you keep your hair looking beautiful even in the rainy season and let the rains refresh your soul without having to worry about your hair.
For expert advice on how to take care of hair fall in monsoon and how to keep your hair healthy, you could approach HairMD. They are a reputed hair clinic in Pune and have a team of experienced dermatologists who can give you the best treatments for several hair conditions. So, consult the experts at HairMD to get an effective hair loss treatment that suits you best and attain healthy and luxurious hair in a hassle-free way.
Are you looking for hair fall solution? Get in touch with the best of our hair doctors in Pune to cure your hair loss. To book an appointment for a hair treatment or hair transplantation, contact our dermatologists near you, call +919584584111.