What makes you a good candidate for Hair Transplant surgery?
What makes you a good candidate for Hair Transplant?
As we all know about hair transplant and its successful results. So in my career, the biggest challenge I face on an everyday basis is convincing to make a patient understand whether his scalp is in a condition to undergo a hair transplant surgery or not? Who is a good candidate for hair transplant? Some patients also ask me like I’m a good candidate for hair transplant? How can I know that I m a good candidate for a transplant?
As we all know, Hair transplantation is basically the replacement of follicles taken from the donor area, situated at the back of the head to the recipient area, generally close to the hairline or in the crown area. But, not everybody makes for a good hair transplant. So Let’s see what makes a good candidate for Hair Transplant.
Here are some criteria that one needs to match in order to have a successful hair transplant:
1) First Things First
When patients come to us for consultations, they are under the impression that their surgery is a one seating scenario and the hair will grow back magically. It is important to understand the hair transplant procedure and the result that it can produce is extremely important. Even if you are on a prescription, the progression still might get delayed.
2) What to expect
Like a Surgeon, I always explain to my patients that only a fixed number of donor’s hairs can be transplanted to the areas of the scalp that are thinning.
Watch what our hair transplant surgeon, Dr. Dhruv, MBBS, M.S. (Gen. Surgery) has to say about hair transplant.
Some of the transplanted hair also might become victims to shock loss as happens in most cases.
3) What makes you a Poor candidate for Hair Transplant
- Generally, males who have ‘diffuse unpatterned alopecia’ (DUPA) do not have any effect of a hair transplant. The reason for this is having an unhealthy donor supply. It is one of the signs of poor hair transplant. which make them poor candidates for a hair transplant.
- People who are diseased with a donor supply for whichever reason. This is a lot more frequent in women. It is typically found in alopecia in women.
- People who have very low hair densities also make hair transplant surgery nearly impossible.
- Those who can afford only a few seating, but do not have enough funds to go ahead with surgical hair restoration over time.
What Characteristics are most important for hair transplant
We consider various characteristics as an eligibility criterion for a successful hair transplant. If they are to be prioritized cosmetically than this would be the order.
- Hair color (We need to find the similarities between the hair color and match it to the underlying skin color)
- The color is actually associated with the underlying skin color, which is of great prominence. The lesser the contrast, between the scalp and the hair color, the better is the coverage potential.
- The intensity of hair curl.
- The degree of curl is really important for hair. The coverage that granted to the scalp highly depends on the amount of more curl and the wave one’s hair possesses.
- The hair caliber or whether the hair shaft is fine or coarse in nature.
What are the characteristics for the success of a hair transplant
- High density is extremely desirable, but hair characteristics that are not favorable and are sure to reduce the benefits of the density.
- Scalp flexibility is also quite an important characteristic. It basically means how loose or tight your scalp can be. For example, A tight scalp (low laxity) makes it difficult for the removal of follicles.
Whether you are a good candidate for Hair Transplant
There are various questions you should ask yourself, before knowing whether you are a good candidate for hair transplant procedure:
- What is the level of baldness that I am dealing with?
- Do I feel that I have strong donor hair?
- Do I completely understand the positive and negative consequences of a hair transplant?
- What are my other alternatives? Can I not opt for any of them?
- Do I understand how this would affect the other logistics in my life such as the time off work, all the financial costs, the cost to my relationships, etc.?
If you are under 25 years of age, kindly check the following points:
- Have I given all of my other options a thought?
- Is my Hair Loss affecting me mentally and to what degree?
- Have I tried medication and waited for the results?
- The financial involvement that will occur throughout my life, M I ready for it?
- What is going to happen if I do lose hair after my surgery?
Expectations: About the hair transplant which is key to Success:
- When you are planning to undergo a Hair Transplant, then it is vital, as per me to have the right expectations. Have to also know your hair’s characteristics, donor density of the hair, donor supply, physiology, and laxity, which play the most prominent role in the short and long-term success of your FUE Hair Transplant.
- We all work with you to plan the perfect surgery to get results that you want to achieve, but it needs to be an attainable feat. Even though we are experienced and some doctors are experts in their fields, but unfortunately the unrealistic expectations really end up spoiling the procedure. Most patients feel that they will get results like they have seen in posters and also in their favorite celebrities. Patients who want a quick fix should not undergo hair transplant surgery.
Even though a surgeon can give you data of his achievements, but frankly he can only give you the potential of your hair growth after having consulting sessions with you. After understanding all the characteristics, a good surgeon can give you the right.
The ideal candidate for hair transplant
So, now a picture of the ideal candidate for a hair transplant must be clear to you. So, whenever you feel frustration, desperation or anxiety due to growing baldness and thinning hair. If you have any thought in mind about hair transplant, then remember all these points, you will have a better idea about your situation and will act as the lighthouse for you.
Still, if you are not sure about your hair loss, growing baldness and not sure about what to do exactly, don’t worry we are here to help you. Just write down us in comments below or just come for a consultation. We can definitely help you, we have done more than 115982+ patient Hair loss treatments & 700+ patients for hair transplant for curing baldness problem. There is a definite cure to Baldness. Yes, If it proved you are the right candidate, then surely hair transplant is for you.
I have given you complete information regarding this topic, so feel to ask us, if you have any more questions. You can call us +91-7888 091 119, our support team will be happy to solve out your query. If you feel this blog is informative then you can share with your friends and family members.
Positive Vibes & Hair transplant Inspiration
Successful regrowth of hairs after 12 months of FUE hair transplant patient with grade 7 baldness and treated with 11365 grafts
(Click on Image to see more amazing results)
Dr. Dhananjay Chavan is established & renowned hair transplant surgeon & dermatologist with an experience more than 12 years in hair transplant surgeries. He was also a Male pattern baldness victim & has undergone successful hair transplant using hair transplant with 11365 grafts – highest till date known in world hair transplant surgery field. Now, he helps others to get their hairs back at HairMD India. He loves cooking and traveling all the time with his beloved Fortuner.
Thank you for reading!
” Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body “
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan