Are you experiencing hair loss? Get in touch with the best of our hair specialists in Pune to understand your hair condition. For a hair treatment or to get hair transplant, book an appointment with our dermatologists near you, call +912071177333.
Everyone wants to have silky and shiny hair but it takes some effort to attain this. For beautiful and lustrous tresses, it takes a healthy lifestyle and a good hair care regime. Here we give you some useful tips to get shiny and silky hair which include some home remedies for silky hair and some permanent treatments.
Tips from Dermatologists on How to Get Super Silky and Shiny Hair
- Over-rinsing with hot water causes the hair to lose its natural oils. Avoid excessive rinsing, especially with very hot water, so that your hair stays silky and smooth.
- Use a conditioner after shampooing your hair. Conditioners help lock in moisture in your hair.
- Oiling the hair and scalp before shampooing helps them stay silky and shiny. An oil massage increases blood circulation in the scalp region and oils also provide nourishment to the hair, which aids in keeping the hair soft and silky.
- Avoid using a cotton towel to wipe the hair, as cotton creates friction, causing the cuticle to fluff up and leading to knots and hair breakage. Microfiber towels reduce friction, they are softer and using them helps the hair stay smooth. Instead of rubbing, make your hair pat dry.
- Similarly, avoid a cotton pillow case, as it rids the hair of oils and moisture. Using a satin or silk pillow cover, can help the hair retain their texture and maintain their silkiness and shine.
- To add moisture to the hair, after a wash, apply a leave-in conditioner or oil at the ends after the hair is cleansed and dried.
- Getting a hair trim frequently helps you get rid of dull hair and keeps them soft and shining.
- Using a humidifier, especially in the cool weather or when your hair gets frizzy and dry, helps add moisture to the hair, and retain their smoothness and shine.
- Use a hair mask to keep your hair nourished and healthy.
- Protect your hair from heat. Hair treatments that expose the hair to heat, or procedures like ironing and curling, strip the hair of their moisture and excessive heat causes dryness of the hair which further leads them to lose their lustre.
- Do not tie your hair sporting hairstyles that pull or strain the hair.
- Frequent hair colouring can hamper the hair texture. Avoid colouring frequently and use ammonia-free hair colors.
- Purchase hair products that are well-suited to your hair type. Select shampoos and conditioners based on whether your hair is oily or dry.
- Include foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, iron, biotin and vitamins C and D. These nutrients are essential for hair health. A healthy diet goes a long way into keeping the hair super silky and shiny.
- Manage stress, as stress causes hair damage and hair fall. Mental stress can lead the hair to lose its shine.
- Daily exercise is important for overall fitness as well as the health of your skin and hair. A good workout regime is necessary.
- One of the effective tips for shiny hair, is to use a clarifying shampoo once every week.
- There are certain serums, oils and sprays that add a layer that reflects light, thus giving the hair a temporary shine. So, one of the other tips for shining hair, is to use such hair products. Note that they give a temporary shine to your tresses, but ‘How to get shiny hair overnight’, if you ask, these products are your answer.
- Avoid hair products with ingredients like silicones and sulphates, as these products dry out the hair, causing them to lose their lustre.
- Use the correct comb or hair brush. A wide-toothed comb is advisable to avoid hair breakage. Boar bristles are good for distributing the natural oils from the hair roots to the tips. So, using a good hair brush and being gentle on the hair while combing or detangling them, is one of the effective tips for silky hair.
While some of you would follow the above-mentioned tips on how to get naturally silky hair, some of you might seek permanent treatments for silky and shiny hair. One such treatment is chemical smoothening, in which certain chemicals are used to give the hair a silky shine and softness. The other option would be to get a permanent hair straightening treatment, which gives long-lasting results and is effective on almost all hair types. You could also go in for Keratin treatment, which removes the frizz from hair and gives you smooth and shiny hair. These treatments are the answer to one of the very commonly asked questions which is ‘how to make hair soft and silky overnight’.
Before opting for any such treatment for silky hair or even before following any other tips to get silky and shiny hair, it is best to take medical advice. A dermatologist would assess your hair condition and guide you well on which treatment or tips you must follow in order to get silky, smooth hair. You may come across home remedies or medical procedures that claim to be the best answer to ‘how to get shiny hair overnight naturally’, but remember to take expert advice before opting for any of them. One of the best places to seek medical guidance on how to get super silky and shiny hair, or on any other hair problem, is HairMD. It is a hair transplant centre in Pune with a team of experienced dermatologists who specialize in treating hair conditions. They will guide you at every step of your journey towards achieving healthy and luxurious hair.
Are you looking for hair fall solution? Get in touch with the best of our hair doctors in Pune to cure your hair loss. To book an appointment for a hair treatment or hair transplantation, contact our dermatologists near you, call +912071177333.