Mesotherapy vs PRP for hair: Which is better for Hair Loss
The Best Treatment For Hair Loss: Mesotherapy vs PRP for hair
Nowadays, most of the people both male and female, face hair loss problem. There are many treatment modalities doctor advice for hair loss. Don’t worry you are in the right place to get the answer to all your queries related to hair loss, treatment modalities and which treatment is better for your hair loss. You will understand Mesotherapy Vs PRP for hair, which one is better for hair loss
In my 30 years of experience, I come across many patients who suffer from hair loss and having lots of confusion about medications and treatments. Taking proper medication and treatment is very important to save your hair. Let’s see Mesotherapy and PRP, which are widely used treatments for hair loss, how do they work? Mesotherapy vs PRP for hair are treatment modalities for treating hair loss in both men and women.
Let’s discuss Mesotherapy vs PRP for hair briefly.
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
PRP is a completely natural, non-surgical medical procedure for treating hair loss or hair thinning. It works by using the patient’s own blood and the active growth factors in it to promote hair growth.
How does PRP work
- Your blood is taken from the body and centrifuged to concentrate the platelets and growth factor proteins, such as vascular endothelial growth factor, platelet-derived growth factor, epidermal growth factor, etc.
- Then the head triggered via electronic or mechanical microneedling, to stimulate the injury-recovery procedure, which is essential for the subsequent use of platelets and growth factors.
- This centrifuged plasma rich in platelets are then re-injected into the head.
- The growth factors released from platelets reduce shrinkage of hair follicles, improve blood flow, and encourage new growth of cells.
- PRP helps to keep the hair follicles in a growth phase (anagen phase) and allows the hair to become thicker and longer. So it promotes new growth and also strengthens the existing hair follicles.
Let’s see my video related to PRP
At least 3 PRP injections, recommended in an interval of 2-4 weeks for visible change in the density and thickness of hair. It can also be used for treating hair loss due to other non-genetic and genetic causes. PRP is also effective in Skin rejuvenation & under eye dark circles.
It can be used alone, or in combination with hair transplant or mesotherapy for maximal benefit.
PRP didn’t work: Why I am not a suitable candidate for PRP?
- While PRP used to treat hair loss due to various causes.
- PRP not recommended to individuals suffering from liver disorders, bleeding disorders, chemotherapy, skin disorders, those who have low blood pressure, smokers, and users of cortisone therapy.
Advantages of PRP
- Safe, simple and comfortable treatment
- Natural therapy
- Short duration (1-hour max)
- The quick recovery period, no downtime
- No risk of allergic reaction since it comes from your own body
- Hair restoration
- Extremely natural looking results
PRP hair treatment side effects
Since it involves injecting a substance into the skin, very rarely, there may be potential side effects like infection, nerve injuries, pain at the injection site, and tissue damage.
Mesotherapy is a non-surgical technique to reduce hair loss and it promotes hair growth by injecting nutrient-rich liquid into the mesoderm of the scalp, which is a layer that lies between the tissue of the skin and the layer of fats.
How does Mesotherapy work
- A mixture of nutrient boosters, comprising of vitamins, minerals, and DHT (dihydrotestosterone) blockers injected into the mesoderm in order to stimulate hair growth and reverse hair loss. (DHT is the androgen hormone that damages hair follicles on the scalp.)
- Then it injected in your scalp with the help of an injection gun in the least painful manner.
- It works because it increases blood circulation to the weakened or dormant hair follicles, boosts cell metabolism, stimulates collagen; replaces the vitamins and minerals that we lose as we age, and neutralizes the DHT(follicle-killing) hormone; thus curbing hair loss and encouraging hair growth.
Let’s see my video related to Mesotherapy
The treatment encompasses about eight sessions, one every week for the duration of half an hour each. Effects start becoming visible by the fifth session and known to have a success rate of 90-92%.
It is effective for treating androgenetic alopecia, but it also treats hair loss due to other causes such as nutritional deficiencies, chronic illness, weather changes, stress, etc. It can not only be used for treating balding, patchy hair loss, progressive thinning of hair, but also for dandruff. People with dermal inflammation, skin disorders, diabetes, hemophilia, and pregnancy should not do mesotherapy as it may deteriorate their health condition.
- Safe, simple and comfortable procedure
- Short duration (~30 minutes)
- Virtually painless
- No pre or post precautionary measures required
Mesotherapy Side effects
They are rare, the most common being bruising, which usually heals within a week; and soreness in the scalp region, that may last for a couple of days.
Mesotherapy vs PRP for hair
- PRP involves multiple injections which platelet-rich plasma, while mesotherapy involves those of hyaluronic acid.
- Mesotherapy injects it into the mesoderm (middle layer) of skin, while PRP administered on any layer of the skin to be treated.
- Mesotherapy requires about 5-8 sessions, PRP takes about 7-10 for visible results.
- Each session of mesotherapy, as well as PRP, takes about half an hour and one hour respectively.
- PRP doesn’t have downtime, while mesotherapy has some amount of downtime.
- PRP is more expensive than mesotherapy usually.
As observed, PRP as well as Mesotherapy can be equally effective, and be even more so when used in combination with one another. They both serve as safer, less expensive, and less invasive alternatives to hair transplant surgery.
I have tried giving you all the information related to a Mesotherapy and PRP well-known treatments. Professionals from HairMD Clinic provides both these treatments for hair loss, Mesotherapy vs PRP for hair, administered under experienced and qualified supervision. Kindly do comment and share this with your friends, if you think it is helpful. For more information, you can call us on +91-7888091119, our support team will try to solve your queries. You can contact us at HairMD Clinic for any queries or consultation regarding hair loss and its treatment. For your betterment, we have also started with a video consultation with our expert doctors.
Thank you for your precious time.
” Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body “
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan