Female Hair Loss
How to use dermaroller and minoxidil for hair loss
Having confusion about How to use Dermaroller and Minoxidil together? It seems, you been losing too much hair and having fear of growing bald soon? Thought of undergoing a lot of treatments to save your hair. Don’t worry, I will help you further to guide you about treatments. As you know, Dermaroller and Minoxidil are widely used treatments for hair loss, which potentiate each other’s efficiency when used together.
Every day I come across patients who are suffering hair loss and have lots of confusion about medications and treatments. Starting a proper medication and treatment is very important to save your hair. Let’s see Dermaroller and Minoxidil, which are widely used treatments for hair loss, how do they work?
How does Minoxidil work for Hair Loss?
- Minoxidil is a topical solution, which is available in different strengths, mainly as 2% and 5% minoxidil solutions.
- It revives your inactive hair follicles by stopping further hair loss and stimulates new hair growth.
- When it is applied to the scalp daily over the period of one year, it’s proven to be effective in about 85% of the patients.
- The results vary depending on individual response and the relentlessness of hair loss progression.
- You are always advised to take minoxidil under Dermatologists guidance.
How does Dermaroller work for Hair Loss?
- Dermaroller is an equipment which uses the technology of microneedling to stimulate hair growth.
- It increases your blood circulation, cell production and collagen production in the scalp.
- It is a small rolling pin covered in metal spikes, with a handle, which when rolled over your scalp, causes micro-injuries to the scalp tissue.
- Your scalp then reacts to produce new skin over the areas of injury, releasing human growth hormone and other chemicals to assist with it.
- Dermaroller has been proven to be effective in most cases. But, again It may vary depending on genetics, diet, age, and health condition.
Let’s have a glance on how to use Dermaroller on your scalp
Can I Use Dermaroller and Minoxidil together?
- Yes, definitely Dermaroller and minoxidil as a combination treatment work on hairs. Which are in an active stage of growth.
- When you use Dermaroller before or after applying minoxidil, it massively boosts the absorption of minoxidil. And makes it a much more effective hair loss treatment.
When to apply minoxidil with Dermaroller?
- The most effective way to use dermaroller with minoxidil is to first roll the scalp with the roller, and then apply minoxidil.
- Though you can carry it out the other way round, too, whichever way suits you.
- It is essential to apply minoxidil after rolling, for optimal effect. Because temporary channels created in the skin by the derma roller close within an hour.
Which needle should we use along with Minoxidil?
- When you are using dermaroller along with minoxidil, use a needle length between 0.2 mm-0.5 mm. Avoid using a longer needle to prevent deeper absorption of minoxidil and its resulting side effects.
- When you are using Dermaroller without minoxidil, you can use a needle that is 0.5mm to 1mm long
- To achieve maximum benefits, You can use a shorter needle length derma roller (0.2 mm-0.5 mm) 2-3 times a week with minoxidil to enhance its absorption and to promote better regeneration of the hair follicles. Use a longer length derma roller (0.5 mm-1 mm) once a fortnight.
I have tried giving you all the information related to a combination treatment i.e. Dermaroller along with Minoxidil. Professionals from HairMD Clinic have experience in guiding patients through both the treatments for hair loss and optimizing them maximally. Kindly do comment and share this article with your friends, if you think it is helpful. We hope for your speedy recovery.
Thank you for your precious time you gave in reading this article.
" Correction of physical appearance and making it aesthetically perfect is not a mere status issue, its about making your soul comfortable in your body "
-Dr. Dhananjay Chavan